A form of running not as "popular" as barefoot running

Barefoot TJ

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 5, 2010
My PT actually recommended this when I was being treated for ITBS. I did it a few times on the treadmill. I'm not sure if it helped or not. I didn't dare try it outside for fear of running into a tree or something. It's also supposed to help correct muscle imbalances.

Reactions: happysongbird
Take it to the hills ;)

Reactions: happysongbird
" In a recent study, active female college students who replaced their exercise with jogging backward for 15 to 45 minutes three times a week for six weeks lost almost 2.5 percent of their body fat."

How much desire to lose body fat would be necessary for me to spend 15-45 minutes running backwards, three times per week??
And I'm assuming clumsy me would have to do it on a track, not on hilly, gravely chip seal with road kill strewn about and cars going 60+mph?

They probably burned the extra calories on accounta havin to make the backing up beep all that time.

Tires me out just thinkin bout it.

45 minutes jogging backwards?!!! Think I'd get injured fast! I'm sceptical that the fat loss is due specifically to running backwards, rather than just changing to a different form of exercise that's challenging the muscles differently.

Reactions: scedastic

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7