9 mile nut crusher!!!

I wrote "self employed" 11

I wrote "self employed" 11 years ago on my last jury summons and haven't heard from them since. :)

Well, I am self-employed,

Well, I am self-employed, although I don't make any money at it.

ladycheshire5 wrote:That's

ladycheshire5 said:
That's awesome Jonny! That metronome idea is interesting, you find it helps you a lot with your pace or cadence? Did you need help keeping at a particular pace or cadence? I'm curious what you were using this for specifically. To keep cadence up? Someone suggested to me recently here that when I start getting my speed up I need to remember to keep the cadence up to reduce the impact on the body. So I'm curious. :)

I've read in a few books that the 180 strides/minute cadence is the optimum pace for energy efficiency, so that's the goal. I'm doing my first half in November, so optimum efficiency is my goal! I did find that I was already pretty close to this thanks to another running principle I've also found in a few books like "Barefoot Running Step by Step" and Jeff Galloways book on 5k and 10K race training, ie: the higher the cadence, the less up and down you suffer. Up and down will fatigue muscles, punish joints and rob energy. Regardless of the pace, you can keep the cadence the same/optimum. If I can combine 180s/m with loose, relaxed and smooth, then I suspect "fast" will take care of itself!

-Jonny

Thanks PB2.  That's sweet. 

Thanks PB2. That's sweet. Although I haven't set out to make any money with this, just doing my part, giving back a little, and hopefully preventing what happened to me with traditonal running shoes from happening to others.

Will do, Ahcuah.  Thanks.

Will do, Ahcuah. Thanks.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts