50K Trail footwear choice (Badger Mountain Challenge, Richland, WA)

Abide wrote:Uh why not just

Abide said:
Uh why not just run in the mocs? For the record I'm from the huaraches kind of suck camp and they are a pita to spell.

They fill with dirt (they've got the perforated leather), which is annoying.

I guess I never answered the

I guess I never answered the question about hills. I don't know what you define as hilly, but it is hilly for around here, it goes up and down 500-800 vertical feet hills about 5 times over the course.

when is the race? will skoras

when is the race? will skoras be an option? they're from right here in portland.

migangelo wrote:when is the

migangelo said:
when is the race? will skoras be an option? they're from right here in portland.

March 31st, you should come up and run it! I'll look into the skoras, although I'm partially looking for an excuse to buy some huraches.

So I've had a few days of

So I've had a few days of wearing my Luna ATS sandals and I really love the sole (8mm pacer)and footbed. THe lacing on the other hand I have not been able to get just right and they keep wearing raw spots on the tops of my feet. The customer service guy said I could exchange them for new sandals, but I really don't want to do that. I'm thinking I'm going to see if they will just swap laces for me instead.

There has been a few comments

There has been a few comments about breaking Lunas in and getting the laces just right. I don't know if you have enough time before your race to mess with all of these details. Also, it takes some time to get used to the strap in between your toes. You might want to do your race in something else and get the Lunas later.

If you are consi[font="Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif"]dering huaraches check out unshoes. I got a new pair and right out the the unbox, ran 13 miles in them with no problems (I had a previous pair, so I was used to the straps).[/font]

Thanks for all the advice.  I

Thanks for all the advice. I don't think I mentioned which race this is, but it is the Badger Mountain Challenge 50K in Richland, WA. There is also a 15K or 100mile option, so if anyone in this part of the country is interested, you should join me.

Yo Janson- I won't be able to

Yo Janson- I won't be able to run it because of my stupid foot, but I committted to volunteering day of race. I figured not being able to race is no excuse to not participate in the event. I'm looking forward to it; it'll be good recon for next year.

I ended up running in Luna originals with the elactisized laces. They worked great. Unfortunatley I messed up a knee and had to call it quits around mile 22, but the knee is feeling pretty good today, so Idon't think I did anything major to it. I figure it had something to do with the couple of mile stretch of softball sized rocks that I got to run on.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts