2011 BRS Meetup ideas.... Mind the Ducks

This last weekend, I ran in Shelley Viggiano's Mind the Ducks 12 hour in Rochester, NY. Based on Shelley's involvement in the BFR/MR community, the barefoot-friendliness of the course, and the nature of the event, I propose we consider this for an official BRS meetup for 2011 (assuming she is doing it again... which I anticipate.)

The nature of the race (running around a 1/2 mile loop for 12 hours) is VERY conducive to social interaction. It is also a very safe environment for those that are interested in dabbling in the ultra world. Several have already expressed interest; anyone else remotely interested?

Too far east for the

Too far east for the westies. We need it somewhere so everyone has to travel.

SURF CITY MARATHON/HALF

SURF CITY MARATHON/HALF MARATHON, Huntingbeach, California - February 6, 2011 http://www.runsurfcity.com/

They have the cutest surfboard medals! Besides, this is where KEN BOB lives.

• All 20,000 Entries Will Sell Out Early!
  • Signature Surfboard Medals
  • Technical Participant Shirts
  • Surf Band Course Entertainment
  • Free Beer for all participants (21+)
  • Legacy Runner Benefit Package
  • Michelob Ultra Beach Party
  • Average High Temp 68°
  • Oceanfront Course
  • Boston Qualifier
  • A Cal Dreamin' Racing Series Event

SillyC wrote:Yes, actually, I

SillyC said:
Yes, actually, I am

I also have family near Rochester. However, the deciding factor for me would be the date and when grades are due. Early / mid may can be a bad time for a professor to take a road trip.

I was just reading this morning about women who knit while they run. Surely you could grade papers as long as you had a good pacer who would run just in front of you with an airline tray table on his back.

Norm Deplume wrote:SillyC

Norm Deplume said:
SillyC said:
Yes, actually, I am

I also have family near Rochester. However, the deciding factor for me would be the date and when grades are due. Early / mid may can be a bad time for a professor to take a road trip.

I was just reading this morning about women who knit while they run. Surely you could grade papers as long as you had a good pacer who would run just in front of you with an airline tray table on his back.

Very funny!

I ran the Surf City Marathon

I ran the Surf City Marathon in 2009. It was a nice course, a few hills and then along the beach. Unfortunately, for me it rained the whole time. I was a shod runner then and shredded both my ankles by mile 7. I'd love to do that course again BAREFOOT! And if KenBob was there, that'd be awesome!!! I'm totally up to do the 2011 Surf City with a bunch of BRS runners!

Hey Jimmy,I totally want to

Hey Jimmy,

I totally want to do the Goofy Race and a Half and the Coast to Coast. You're right, though, it would not be wallet friendly. I don't think I could convince the wife of that expense. Will you be doing the races barefoot or minimalist?

In 2012, y'all come over to

In 2012, y'all come over to Yurrop and I'll buy the first round :beer: :)