1st BF Half-Marathon...DONE!

Just wanted to post this photo of myself and fellow BRS member Rick Whitelaw just before the start of the 2013 Carlsbad Half-Marathon (Rick is rocking that BRS t-shirt; always fashion-forward, I selected a shirt to match the color of my toenails). I'll write up a full race report and post it on my blog, since only lovers of bad reportage will be interested in all the gruesome details. But I will say that this was my first barefoot half-marathon, and not only did I complete it relatively unscathed and comfortable, but I did so just under 5 minutes faster than my last (shod) half-mary in August 2012. My official finish time was 2:15:07. Rick, who was nursing a heel problem, came in with exactly the same official finish time, and said he felt pretty good throughout.

Thanks to all of you fine BRS members who offered advice, counsel, inspiration, motivation, and ridicule (you know who you are) as I prepared for this race. This morning, I could actually walk with very little discomfort. Overall, I call this one a success!

Attachments

• cbadhalf_thom-and-rick-web.jpg
    cbadhalf_thom-and-rick-web.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 50
Can't wait to hear all about it!
Congrats to both of you!

Reactions: ThomDavid
awesome....looking forward to the report :)

Is it the nail polish? Cause it's $1.99 at Target.

Understood on the color-coordinating, but after during the T-giving 10K, I learned that bold colors are the way to go for ultimate "dig me" toe nails...

Well done on the 1/2 Mary - I'm slated for one in April...

Congrats! Was it wet all the way? Did that have any effect on your feet? (or your nail polish!)

It rained the previous day and night, and prior to the start there was a heavy mist, but no rain for the race itself. The road was puddled in spots and moist most of the way. This was something that concerned me going in, but seemed not to have much of a negative effect. The polish was a little muddied, I must say, but did I get a lot of attention from the ladies. RunningPirate is right about that...chicks dig the bright colors!;)

Congratulations on your finish and PR Thom. What a great race, one of my favorites. So much fun to run with a fellow BRS member.

If I hadn't known beforehand, I would have never guessed this was your first BF half. You ran effortless and had a great time.

Have to admit, a little jealous of the attention you received with the toenails. Good call.:)

Photo my brother took nearing the finish line. Thom finishing strong (he did beat me).

321301_10151373116869629_2141960279_n.jpg

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7