1st barefoot race = 1st ever overall win

dirtdemon77

Barefooters
Apr 4, 2010
Ran the Snowbird Spring Scamper at beautiful Treetops Resort in Gaylord Michigan this morning. Raced in Vff's last weekend and thought today would be the perfect day to go totally bare for the first time in a race. I was pleasently surprised by the positive comments I got from people. There were 50 runners in the 5k and 20 in the 10. I was the only one BF.

The course is very barefoot friendly as it is on a golf course. Portions are on paved or gravel cart paths, but they are all well maintaned. It was a blast running down the fairways and feeling the tight short grass squish like a sponge beneath my feet.

I ran a 21:38. While its not a PR, it was fast enough this morning to win the race overall. My first time ever. Kind of funny that the barefoot guy was the first to cross the finish line. I spent a lot of time chatting with other runners after the race. Everyone was interested in the idea of ditching their shoes. People did laugh when I put my VFF's on after the race. Had to put them on to get into the clubhouse for the awards. NO SHOES, NO SHIRT, NO SERVICE.

All in all, a great day.

Well done!  It's really

Well done! It's really awesome!

I hope to be fast again someday...

I wish you continued success!!!!

Fantastic race Dirt!!! Sounds

Fantastic race Dirt!!! Sounds like a great time, and congrats on crossing the line first!

When I said Good Luck, I had

When I said Good Luck, I had no idea you didn't need it! WOW! That is amazing! I'm so proud of you! Way to represent. We can add your name to our evergrowing list of winning barefoot runners.

Well, TJ, I consider myself

Well, TJ, I consider myself really lucky that a bunch of high school runners didn't show up and run mid 18's. So that luck really helped.
lol.png

I'm thinking maybe I should retire now. Not sure I can ever have it all come together for me like that one

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon