What beer are you drinking tonight? For the new forum...

On Sunday I had a Tricerahops IPA with dinner, which was much bigger than I had anticipated. It was a liter size (not sure what that is in ozs). It wasn't bad, but I had been drinking since 11 am that day because we were tailgating before the Hawks game so maybe my opinion was skewed after all those Budweisers (blech!).

Reactions: Bare Lee
...Had to wash it away with yet another 22-ounce bottle of Arrogant Bastard. Martini Asti at midnight. Yum.

I finally found a couple stores stocking Arrogant Bastard and Ruination, a couple I'd been eagerly waiting for. Actually my first trip I saw Levitation and mistook it for Ruination. Ahh they all sound too similar. Don't taste similar however. Man that was a shock. 4% what the heck did I buy! lol.

Anyhow, in celebration of my 5k today, and the new year, I went for the 22 ouncer.

IMG_4570_500.jpg

Figured while I was sitting here at the 'puter I'd also get a last shot of the nice Corsair Vengeance keyboard, which I'll sadly be returning shortly.

Actually my first trip I saw Levitation and mistook it for Ruination. Ahh they all sound too similar. Don't taste similar however. Man that was a shock. 4% what the heck did I buy! lol.

Quoting myself here.... gave the Levitation another chance yesterday since I wanted something a little lighter with my meal. Now I know its a light beer I know what to expect, and I'm not drinking it with other heavier ones. You know its actually pretty amazing that its still that flavorful for so low abv%. I've had full strength IPA's that I thought were worse! So this might be a keeper for lunches or other times you want a bit of hops but something light.

Reactions: NickW
So was working on the truck today. And had a couple beers sitting outside since its been a little below freezing lately but trying to finish them up since its suppose to be warming up. Grabbed a Saranac IPA for while wrenching in the garage. Had a good pic too with a couple grease smears on the bottle and a half disassembled F150 front end. Accidentally deleted it while copying files. :oops: Had a heck of a time getting one of the front shocks out. After spending a few hours trying various tricks and whatnot, resorted to a bigger hammer and some elbow grease. Got it off! Well... and part of the shock mount came with it. :mad: Tomorrow: get out welder. Tonight: relax with another brew before screwing more stuff up with a welder. Need something stronger. Stepped up to the 2XIPA by Southern Tier.

IMG_4596-600.jpg

Hahaha.

IMG_4500e-640.jpg

That mounting tab was suppose to stay on the lower control arm. :mad: And I really don't want to replace the whole lower control arm. I wonder what a shop would have done? Probably made up some excuse why the whole thing would need replaced. I Did eventually get it separated, had to drive out the bolt through the rubber bushing and then heat the metal bushing thats seized around the bolt up with a torch for a good while and then placing the bolt head through a socket and pounding the bolt through with a 2# hammer. Only way to do that while still attached would have been to torch out all the rubber (what a stinking mess that would have made) to get to the metal bushing underneath, heated it with a torch, and have a press that would fit in there just so to press the bolt out while supporting the mounting tab.

Beer and hammers are a dangerous combination. :D
Well can't blame beer on that one I only had one!

Picked up some Austin Amber by Independence Brewery in Austin after seeing it for a long time. A very mild, sweet beer. It is pretty good. A very nice way to end the weekend. It is definitely one of those beers I can just let sit in my mouth for a few moments before swallowing.

Elysian Dragonstooth Stout. Yum. After today's crappy day I figured I deserved a good expensive beer. I also had an Army buddy of mine over the other day who had just moved out here and he told me that he thinks the Portland area is the mecca of microbrews in the US. He was shocked at how much good beer we have here. Made me smile. He said he's been all over the US and he's never seen a place have such a variety of GOOD (yes, he emphasized that part) microbrews.

I finally found a couple stores stocking Arrogant Bastard and Ruination, a couple I'd been eagerly waiting for.

I actually found them both at Kroger last night, which illustrates the danger of letting my wife do all of the shopping. She doesn't look for stuff like this. It was only by chance that I was even in the store yesterday because she called me and told me we needed coffee. Normally I grouse when she asks me to do the shopping, but now I think I will be more accomodating. I don't want to volunteer, because then she'll know something's up. This has the potential for a win-win, she's happy because I am more cooperative, and I finally get to sample some beers that I have only seen or heard mentioned previously.

BTW, My home brewed DIPA runs about 9.7% where Ruination only runs 7.7%, but I still like it.

Reactions: NickW and dutchie53
and, my 1000th post will be about - BEER

Last night I had a Uinta Cutthroat pale ale. Decent flavor for a 4 percent Utah beer. Then a Deschutes Inversion IPA, one of my favorite IPA's. It tasted really fresh. Can't wait to try it on tap at the brewery in August.

I've found a couple of varieties from Deschutes down here the last couple of weeks, I had the Jubelale and the Northwest Pale Ale both were great and pretty inexpensive.

Last night I got to have Walking Man Homo Erectus Imperial IPA again last night. I think this is easily in my top 3 favorite beers. It is made in WA and has a 9% alcohol content so you have to be careful with how much you consume, it packs a wallop. I am trying to find where I can get it for my home but so far I have only found it at a local restaurant. I saw online that it is sold in growlers, so now I just have to find where the growlers are sold.

I actually found them both at Kroger last night, which illustrates the danger of letting my wife do all of the shopping. She doesn't look for stuff like this. It was only by chance that I was even in the store yesterday because she called me and told me we needed coffee. Normally I grouse when she asks me to do the shopping, but now I think I will be more accomodating. I don't want to volunteer, because then she'll know something's up. This has the potential for a win-win, she's happy because I am more cooperative, and I finally get to sample some beers that I have only seen or heard mentioned previously.

BTW, My home brewed DIPA runs about 9.7% where Ruination only runs 7.7%, but I still like it.

Kroger is my closest grocerie store (actually two of them) and neither have a good beer selection. Only Stone beer I've seen there was the regular IPA which I didn't care for but not sure if it was old or bad or what. I know what you mean about the wife shopping. My diet goes to he11 when she does it all, since I am the type that if I see junk food laying around I tend to cave:(. When I was on shiftwork I'd stop on my way home from nightshifts at a better grocerie store ever once in a while to stock up on some healthier stuff (and beer!).

Ran 5.5 miles today after I got home from work, havent been able to run after a dayshift in months so afterwards I treated myself to a Southern Tier 2XIPA.

Reactions: NickW