Weird, random comments about, RW vs BRS and, uh, other things we're not supposed to mention

When people ask me about BF

When people ask me about BF info, I usually tell them to look up the RW BF forum just because I think that is easier for most people to remember.

I will try to make an effort to direct them here. There seem to be more BF runners here, not so much about minimalist. It does take awhile to learn where things are.

devil_smile.gif
"tail"

dog-tail.gif

That's because we offer so

That's because we offer so much more to the barefoot and minimalist runner. RW offers none of this, and what they do offer pertains to running in general and is not catered to barefoot and minimalist running. The BRS is truly a community of its own where anyone with an interest is welcome. Although I worked to establish and maintain "that other forum," it just does not make the barefoot or minimalist runner feel warm and fuzzy. The furthest we could ever go there was to have the one forum, with all the shoe talk, barefoot talk, and minimalist talk all crammed together within that one forum. That's the extent of growth they will allow there, and as far as our way of running is concerned, that's as far as it ever will grow, the one tiny little forum known as the RW BFR forum. Compared to RW, this site is not complex at all. RW, IMESHO, is cramped, crowded, and cluttered, and pushes unhealthy shoes in every visitor's face. No, I'm not a big fan of RW. I mean thanks Mark for setting me, setting us up, and much respect for doing so, but that's about it.

We do need to recruit the

We do need to recruit the whole RW crew and have them post consistently.

By the way, did someone say

yogapants01.jpg
?

Okay, I'm debating whether to

Okay, I'm debating whether to move this thread to the Pub or the New Member Intros forum. Hmmmm.

In another thread we

In another thread we apparently decided we don't need a "Thanks!" button.

Given the turn of events represented in this thread maybe the new site needs to have a "Report Chaser and/or Willie" button.

Jim

theshortwhiteguy wrote:We do

theshortwhiteguy said:
We do need to recruit the whole RW crew and have them post consistently.

By the way, did someone say

yogapants01.jpg
?
Man... That's a really nice...um... Shirt. REALLY makes me wanna run!!!

Casting my vote for Booty! Wait... What was this thread about again???

-J( ! )nny

migangelo wrote:eek:diaramor,

migangelo said:
odiaramor, yes! that was awesome. i love big butts and i cannot lie. i'm am a$$ man myself. can't put balloons there, yet.

(___!___)

There is a big butt for you! I think it looks more like mine now.

Okay, that does it!  This

Okay, that does it! This thread has been moved to the Pub where it belongs!

aw, cmon ma, we was just

aw, cmon ma, we was just playing. no one got hurt, honest.

Man thats a nice ass! Lol.Im

Man thats a nice ass! Lol.

Im deffinatley an ass man...

I would be recruiting, but Im unable to...

I personally HATE the RW

I personally HATE the RW forum software. No way to see what threads I've posted in, no way to go directly to the last page of multi-page threads, among other things. I like this forum WAY better as far as software is concerned, but I like vBulletin even better. :)

I hope so, because that's

I hope so, because that's what we're going to.

PatrickGSR94 wrote:I

PatrickGSR94 said:
I personally HATE the RW forum software. No way to see what threads I've posted in, no way to go directly to the last page of multi-page threads, among other things.

??? There are ways to do both those things 'over there', pretty easy, in fact. But it doesn't matter no more.

Btw - TJ, I share your sentiments regarding RW 100%. I said earlier that I really can't stand the magazine and all the malarky it pushes on people. And I meant it to sting.

But... Remy was still open-minded enough to create the forum, and it did prove to be a very valuable springboard for other ventures, not to mention just getting the word out and giving ppl a place to go for info.

ooops doorbell

....and then drop the ban

....and then drop the ban hammer without warning or valid reasoning.....

Used to be very friendly over

Used to be very friendly over there too. Then people kept asking about Chi Running and all heck broke loose.

NotSoDoomedRunner wrote:I

NotSoDoomedRunner said:
I feel more like we are friends over here rather than just a forum over there. Maybe I'm just a nerd though.

Why is the Barney theme song playing in my head? Gosh darn having a toddler!

So this is where everyone's

So this is where everyone's gone! Apart from all the shoe threads (to be fair, there did seem to be shoe-free threads today) the RW forum crashes my browser if I try accessing from work, hopefully I'll manage to get in here.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon