WARNING: Contains Graphic Pictures -- Well, I'm off to my first surgery. Wish me well!

The numbing injections he

The numbing injections he used (while I was under a twilight sedation) are wearing off, and the pain is really setting in. YIKES! And I have to do this again...IN 10 DAYS! (It was supposed to be next Friday, but...at first he said he was postponing because next Friday is Friday the 13th, like I care, then he said it was because there was a nursing scheduling conflict). ARGH! I've already moved to a new prescription of pain killers, from Ultram (notice that stands for Ultra Marathon. hee.) to Codeine, since the Ultram wasn't working for me. I'm nearly allergic to everything else. We'll see how this next drug works on this pain.

Will do, GBurg.

Thanks all!

Are you ready for the

Are you ready for the pictures, Chaser? I mean can you handle it?! You won't pass out, will ya?

Barefoot TJ wrote:Are you

Barefoot TJ said:
Are you ready for the pictures, Chaser? I mean can you handle it?! You won't pass out, will ya?

Bring 'em on, nothing like gross out photos, I wish I had the ones when they had my knee opened right up and the knee cap removed, was a real mess of gu but really cool to see being done.

By the way, I see no comments from Chaser, must be all talk. 'He just can't handle the truth!'

I hope you heal quickly and

I hope you heal quickly and this helps to set your feet on a path that is as close to pain free as possible.

Any good books you'll be reading during recovery?

Hmmmmm.  Good books.  Yes!  I

Hmmmmm. Good books. Yes! I just bought The Road to Perfect Health by Brenda Watson, CNC (nutritionist). What a coincidence. The title is so fitting for me, huh? Thank you for the well wishes too.

I hope all the procedures go

I hope all the procedures go better than you might have dreamed of and cause less discomfort than you might have imagined.

Thanks, Chris.  You're good

Thanks, Chris. You're good peeps.

Contains human anatomy

Contains human anatomy pictures, so be warned if you have a weak stomach, but they are not that bad.
This morning, I had the first surgery to remove the two neuromas on my left foot (the reason why I can't wear shoes). I have another surgery scheduled to remove the two on my right foot in 10 days. Needless to say, I am in a great deal of pain. I'm only sharing this with you because you have put up with my whining in the past about my having Morton's Neuroma, and I thought you would be interested in seeing these. Here's a picture of what a healthy nerve looks like (NOT MINE!):
NormalNerves_cr.png
Here's what my nerves (neuromas) looked like. The doctor said the one (the one that I always complained about the most) was one of the largest he has ever seen. Too bad the ruler doesn't show up in the picture, or you could get a better idea of how big these things are.

Here's what my nerves (neuromas) looked like. The doctor said the one (the one that I always complained about the most) was one of the largest he has ever seen. Too bad the ruler doesn't show up in the picture, or you could get a better idea of how big these things are.

MyTwoLeftNeuromas.jpg

Geez, when you emailed me

Geez, when you emailed me this morning I never checked this thread, or I would have sent well wishes. I have attended many surgeries, but nothing like this. Good on ya'.

If you're hurtin' and they

If you're hurtin' and they offer you drugs, JUST SAY "YES!" That's what they're for and you heal up better if you aren't in pain.

...but you probably know that...

Feel better soon, sweetie.

Thanks all you guys.TSWG,

Thanks all you guys.

TSWG, what do you mean attended many surgeries?

Thanks, PR.Well, that was

Thanks, PR.

Well, that was fun! Not! I just got back from the doctor's office, yes, this late at night. I was bleeding through my bandages, so he told me to come in. I didn't pop a stitch but I was needing a changing, and since I am/was in so much pain, he gave me a numbing injection of some kind of "caine." I think it's helping a little, but I can still feel the pain. He also wrote a prescription for Demerol to get filled tomorrow. We'll see if that works better than the Ultram and Codeine, which made me ill. Do I sound like a baby? I hope not.

Barefoot TJ wrote:Thanks all

Barefoot TJ said:
Thanks all you guys.

TSWG, what do you mean attended many surgeries?

My first "real" job out of college was selling medical lasers, mostly to Urology for laser ablation of the prostate, bladder tumors. I have been in some ACL reconstruction and hysterectomy procedures too. The coolest procedure was the 25+ pound mass that a physician pulled out of a gal who started the surgery weighing around 129 pounds. It looked like a rugby football.

A good friend of mine had the

A good friend of mine had the surgery about 6 weeks ago. He said it is the best his foot has felt in 16 years. A week ago he went on a 3 mi walk with his wife.

Here's to similar experiences for you. :)

Good luck with the healing.

Jim

I hope so, Jim.  Thank you. 

I hope so, Jim. Thank you. I have two on this foot they took out yesterday, then two more in the other foot in another 8 days. Only looking forward to getting it over with, but not going through it.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7