WARNING: Contains Graphic Pictures -- Well, I'm off to my first surgery. Wish me well!

Barefoot TJ wrote:So my

Barefoot TJ said:
So my bandages just "sorta" came off my foot this morning, and then I just "kinda" helped them along the rest of the way, and YIKES! My whole top of foot is bruised this weird redish-brown color and swollen but not infected (talk about TOFP!). I'm pleased that the scars are not up as high on the top of my foot as I thought they would be but still! They're in a weird place, and everything looks yucky! Should I take pictures? Do I want to remember this? Do you want to see it? Am I gross?

Helz yes! We want pictures or we're gonna start burning virtual cars and breaking out windows of virtual buildings in this cyber community. You're not gross....Chaser, Pilot and I are gross. Post 'em up. I'll show you my pictures from compartment syndrome surgery if you want.

Well, actually, my stitches

Well, actually, my stitches kinda look like your avatar, except they are lower on my feet, just above my toes. :sick:

Barefoot TJ wrote:Well,

Barefoot TJ said:
Well, actually, my stitches kinda look like your avatar, except they are lower on my feet, just above my toes. :sick:

Pics! Or I start flipping cars...

Okay, you asked for it!  Told

Okay, you asked for it! Told you it looked like your avatar! Yes, that's a ginormous bruise on the top of my foot. Ignore the blood and Betadine. I'll take care of that later, after the stitches come out in four more days! Ick!

Thanks, Ahcuah!  What's weird

Thanks, Ahcuah! What's weird is, see how he cut into my toes, then stitched them back up? It's almost as though he stitched my toes together! Ha! I mean, he didn't but that's what it looks and feels like. Must be all the stitching on the inside. I can't wait to start putting some salicylacid (sp?), Mederma, and Vitamin E all over my feet!

I can't wait until I can just walk normally without pain.

I can't wait to run!

Maybe some close up footage

Maybe some close up footage will change ya'll's minds. See how I did that? Ya'll's? Ha! Double apostrophe!

Seriously, thanks. I was glad to see that he didn't cut me up high into the top of my foot but kept the incisions low. I was kinda thinking about what kind of tattoo I could put there to cover it up (and I don't do tattoos, not that there's anything wrong with it, just sayin'), but now that it's so low, I won't have to.

I need a pedicure!  I think I

I need a pedicure! I think I will treat myself after all this is over.

TJ,That foot looks

TJ,

That foot looks delectable. If I were you I would get a photo of it framed and hang it in the dining room.

Seriously it doesn't look bad at all and I bet what tiny scars are left will blend right into the lines between the tendons.

Looks a little like you're

Looks a little like you're doing the Vulcan greeting with your toes, TJ, but other than that, not bad at all!

Hi TJ,Gosh it's been a while

Hi TJ,

Gosh it's been a while since I've checked in and you've already been on a "journey" in 2012! Know that good thoughts are coming your way from Vancouver Island. You continue to inspire us all!

Thanks, you guys, TR, GBurg,

Thanks, you guys, TR, GBurg, Willie.

Glad to hear from you Duncan. You guys be sure to check out Duncan's site. He lives life the way I can only dream of.

Doing the Vulcan salute! That's what my toes looked like BEFORE the surgery. See?

The split between my toes is where the largest neuromas live. Or lived for two of them. Hahahahahaha! (Two down, two to go!)

Whoa TJ!Missed you in Grand

Whoa TJ!

Missed you in Grand Rapids back in May of '10 while you were having the cryo thang done,

looks like you've really taken the plunge this time!

Hope your feeling better and ready to take on the next foot.

Is it scheduled for this week?

Yes, Tuesday, and I'm much

Yes, Tuesday, and I'm much more scared now than I was with the first foot.; I guess because I know what I'm getting into, and I know I won't be able to walk at all for a long time. :-(

Why both done so close?  

Why both done so close?

So I can get on with my life,

So I can get on with my life, and not have to face all this downtime again. So I can run without the pain of MN. Most importantly, so I can take part in my kids' lives while they are young. (We've been wanting to go to the zoo, but I can't walk that far.) I've put it off long enough. I can't put it off any longer. It's catch-up time.

I'm home.  I am so relieved

I'm home. I am so relieved that it's finally over! There were two big neuromas removed from my right foot today. (Want pics? Hee.) I am in so much more pain this time than the last time. My left foot hurts worse than it did this morning because he removed the stitches and put on some butterfly bandages. I finally was able to place some weight on the outer edge of my right foot this morning, so maybe I can hobble enough to get to the potty when I have to. Yeah me. Now it's onto healing. Thank you all for your kind thoughts and words of support.

Okay, since I know you want

Okay, since I know you want to see them, here goes. Don't forget what a normal nerve looks like.