Sunglasses Input Requested

SaraLord

Administrator
Jun 23, 2010
I could use a little sunglasses help. With small ears, a flat face and almost no bridge to my nose, sunglasses very quickly slide down to my nostrils. Does anyone have any advice here, particularly as we move into the sweaty season? Oh yeah, I don't want to pay tons of $$ for them because that means I'll lose them more quickly. . .

I use my old cycling glasses. They fit pretty tight and have a rubberized nose piece that keeps them from sliding down. You could also buy one of those cool '80's style band things that attach to the glasses and tighten up in the back........ ;)

Try to find Asian styled sunglasses. Maybe a Chinatown might have something or look online.

That is true though, isn't it? The more expensive they are, the more likely they will be lost. :mad:

One of the truths of the universe. Sadly my Walmart $12 pair are scratched and just want to sit on the end of my snout when I sweat.

I use my $150 Oakley A-wires. Had them almost 8 years, never lost them. :D Oakleys are the only sunglasses that feel comfortable to me. Unfortunately I hate most of their newer designs. I like the simple design of the A-wires.

Yes, road glare. I forget that I mostly run on dirt/gravel, have big bushy eyebrows, and have half-Asian eyes, so I can get away with no glasses.:D

I do have to wear glasses all day at work. I have to go with cheap safety glasses because I lose and break so many. What I can't stand is where glasses push into your head above your ears and Chums only make this worse.

I used to wear sunglasses, but then I started running earlier in the morning and found the sweat in the eyes more annoying that the sun.

I have extremely light-sensitive eyes and must run with sunglasses.

I've tried them all, believe me. I wear Revo or Maui Jim most times, but for running, I found the absolute best thing on earth. They are 100% UV A and B blocking, have slight rubber around the nose and straight arms and they are light as hell.

$9 at Academy Sports. I think they are fishing glasses, but even look fairly good.

I guess if you fly IFR in the daytime, your eyesight's not a problem?

I get mine from the dollar store, when I find a pair I like I buy four or five pairs. They scratch up quicker, so I change them out every 4-5 months. But they are comfortable and I never lose them.

I have extremely light-sensitive eyes and must run with sunglasses.

I've tried them all, believe me. I wear Revo or Maui Jim most times, but for running, I found the absolute best thing on earth. They are 100% UV A and B blocking, have slight rubber around the nose and straight arms and they are light as hell.

$9 at Academy Sports. I think they are fishing glasses, but even look fairly good.

I am in the same boat as you with sensative eyes. I also use fishing glasses for running, but from walmart. They are in the sporting goods/fishing section, away from the regular sunglasses and are polarized as well. They sell juvenile sizes too which may may fit OP's face a little better.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon