Race Directors?

Chaserwilliams

Barefooters
Dec 15, 2010
Do we have any race directors on here?

You can see if you can find

You can see if you can find Shelly(shelbel maybe?), she puts together MTD. I think she is a member here and RW. Oh wait your banned over there...

Abide wrote:You can see if

Abide said:
You can see if you can find Shelly(shelbel maybe?), she puts together MTD. I think she is a member here and RW. Oh wait your banned over there...

Abide, they are two diferent people Shelbel is Jason's wife. But neither of them post on RW any longer.

Yeah I get their screen names

Yeah I get their screen names confused and yes I haven't seen either of them post in a while. Although speaking of which I did get to meet Shelly (Jason's wife) a few weeks ago. And the other Shelley is spelled differently.

Search some of the old mind the ducks threads and you will see Shelly there.

Abide wrote:Oh wait your

Abide said:
Oh wait your banned over there...

Runner's World likes their forums how I like my Scotch...straight, no Chaiser.

I still would like to know

I still would like to know what Chaser did that was so wrong to be banned. I mean a little heads up here folks! We need to keep an eye on this one! Ha!

I wonder if he knows M. M.

I wonder if he knows M. M. Caw?

They might be brothers.  That

They might be brothers. That M.M. Caw fellow was banned here a long time ago for being a general pain in everybody's ass. He better NOT rear his ugly head again. ;-)

Whos M. M. Caw? Id like to

Whos M. M. Caw?

Id like to know what my offence was as well... lol. I asked amd never got a reply. Oh well! Like every STD and virus known to man Ive grown stronger and found a new host!

Watch out, fall harvest is

Watch out, fall harvest is almost over so he's probably almost done plowing Fields...

barefoot ramzev wrote:I

barefoot ramzev said:
I wonder if he knows M. M. Caw?

I remember that crazy lunatic...in love with his mom..sick, sick.

Like father, like

Like father, like son.

Chaser, who exactly banned you? Was it Mark? Want his direct email address?

Dama when you gonna get

Dama when you gonna get yourself an avitar here?

Haha, callin out Dama on the

Haha, callin out Dama on the lack of avatar action! Very nice!

TJ, I already emailed Remy about it. Im not sure who exactly swung the ban hammer. I emailed the web help guys and somebody replied and said my account had been banned due to several posts being flagged as being offensive. I then replied and asked if it was a temp or perma ban, this is when Remy replied with....

Chase, Except in rare cases, we no longer reinstate blocked users or otherwise spend time “managing” problem cases (e.g. by sending warnings, giving “time-outs,” etc). We simply no longer have the time.

So, blocked users are blocked.

To which I replied with...... (its rather long winded...)

Mark,

I appreciate you taking the time out of your day to reply to my question. It saddens me to hear the decision to make this a permanent ban as I have enjoyed my time spent on the forums discussing topics both related and unrelated to running. While I wont deny that some of my posts could have been offensive to others. I myself am very thick skinned and very seldom, if ever, get offended, so I can see how a small percentage of my posts could have been found to be offensive by other users. Althogh I have never once gone out to maliciously attack another user and feel that the vast majority of my posts have been both helpfull and benificial to the small group of regular posters on the Barefoot forum, along with all the newcomers as well. I offer encouragement to others and advice to the runners who are just starting out Barefoot in hopes that they can continue to run in a healthy manner without getting injured.

Regarding the few questionable posts that have been flagged as offensive, Im not aware of the qualtity involved but it seems that with almost 3800 posts in just a little over a years time it must be a relatively small percentage for the ban to have just occured. I also believe I could have made better judgment calls regarding my posted material in these few situations.

Having been a moderator on an internet forum in the past I realize that its not easy to please everyone and that many banishments are well deserved and please the vast majority of the members inside the community. On the other hand some decisions are somewhat frowned upon by the majority, and good people are lost amidst the day to day happenings and the vast majority loose out on good insight and input into conversations that they care enough about to partake in, and in most cases start. Im sure that you, as an author, blogger, and writer, have seen your fair share of such situations and can understand where Im coming from with this. Based off the reactions Ive seen in the Barefoot forum (my former "home away from home") I think that just might be the case here.

If your still reading this, then thank you for hearing me out!

P.S. Ill often find myself refering to myself in omnipotent 3rd party as well. Its very strange...

To this I got a "Mary Remy is out of office and will be back tomorrow morning" kind of auto reply.

Thats the last I heard on it. I might be unbanned again, but at this point Im pretty much over it and feel like I owe it to TJ and the rest of the people over here to support the BRS. Although my being here might do more harm than good...

So yeah, any race directors posting up on this here fancy internet forums?

Although my being here might

Although my being here might do more harm than good...

We'll just take it day-by-day, or post-by-post in your case. Ha! ;-) Sometimes you just can't go back home. Sometimes that's a decision you make, not someone else. RW BFR Forum was my original home too. I worked hard to established that forum after a kind plea to Mark to start it. And although I have fond memories there, made some great friends, and accomplished much in the way of establishing connections to build a bigger, better house, I too can't go back home there. No, I wasn't banned. I just know I can do more over here to promote our sport and support others than I can over there. It is, after all, a shoddie's world. Unlike you though, I can visit now and again. Ptttttth!

Welcome home!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts