Preparing to Die

jldeleon

Barefooters
Apr 9, 2011
Oregon
Oregon Chapter peeps doing a 20 mile run in the mountains tomorrow. "Some" of us are going to die, including me. Which is why it is called the "Prepare to Die Run." So, just wanted to say it was nice knowing you all! Lol.

Reactions: Bare Lee
Not too fast Lee, first sign of discomfort stop or you will be inactive for a lot longer yet.
Yah, I'm definitely stopping at the very first niggle. The route winds through my neighborhood, and goes up the two steepest hills, but I'll never be more than a half a mile away from home. More and more I'm thinking it was my mets acting up, not necessarily ITBS (will know soon), and after a year, I'm kind of good at reading them. Even after I get back to the 15-20 mpw range in a few weeks, I'm going to limit myself to just one hour+ run per week. The other two will be an hour or less, mostly hills and fartleks, as I had been doing up until a month ago before I got the distance bug. I'm thinking of starting to participate in the Mileage forum. If you like, please keep track of me and make sure I'm not overdoing anything. I did have the wisedom to back off my max deadlift yesterday when I felt a little vague pressure in my left knee, so perhaps the over-exhuberance is passing. It helps that my work is going well again, so my obsessive energy has been more productively diverted. Thanks again.

And some of us don't. I don't even want to know what a "niggle" is...

Jen, by the looks of those pics I would venture a guess and say you might have invented the "niggle". Good luck on your run tomorrow. Leave the beer at home, kind of heavy to pack with and tend to break when one has a fall as it seems you Oregontonians seem to prefer beer out of a glass bottle. :D

Lol! Thanks!

Lol! Thanks!
Well, the top of my foot just past my ankle niggled me for the first few blocks, and then I did four hill repeats at a very leisurely overall pace of 11:11 and then came home, after 2.2 miles. I feel strangely mature and restless. If nothing shows up post-run, then I'll try 3-4 miles on Monday.

Niggle, n.: A trifling complaint, dispute, or criticism: "it is an excellent book except for my few niggles"; "I have a few niggles about design".

Reactions: NickW
sooo....report? Who made it back?

I asked that too. Apparently no one died... Mike texted me this morning and it sounds like some of them may have gotten off course and bushwhacked an extra 3 miles. Hahaha! Haven't really heard much for details yet and I'm kind of itching for them.

Reactions: jldeleon
Ooohh, the suspense, the drama! Come on yes we really want to know what happened.

Reactions: jldeleon and NickW
Ooohh, the suspense, the drama! Come on yes we really want to know what happened.
If no one replies in the next 48 hours I think its safe to say Jen was right....:(

Reactions: jldeleon and NickW

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon