I am THAT tricky!

jldeleon

Barefooters
Apr 9, 2011
Oregon
I used Bikila VFFs when I started running. I ditched them after 3 months and only used them sporadically after that. I eventually came to discover that they caused a lot of trigger points to occur around my ankle bones - and I have not worn them at all in about 6 months. I decided it was because they curved up on the sides, and they were not wide enough, and the toes were too long. So, I cut them up today to modify them to what I wanted and they now fit correctly and feel really good. I cut away the support from the sides, I cut of the support over the top of my foot and I cut the toes off. Some time soon I am going to take them out on the trails and see how they do. Yes, I just cut up an $80 pair of shoes.

Reactions: happysongbird
I used Bikila VFFs when I started running. I ditched them after 3 months and only used them sporadically after that. I eventually came to discover that they caused a lot of trigger points to occur around my ankle bones - and I have not worn them at all in about 6 months. I decided it was because they curved up on the sides, and they were not wide enough, and the toes were too long. So, I cut them up today to modify them to what I wanted and they now fit correctly and feel really good. I cut away the support from the sides, I cut of the support over the top of my foot and I cut the toes off. Some time soon I am going to take them out on the trails and see how they do. Yes, I just cut up an $80 pair of shoes.
Your avatar: is that what is left of those VFF's? Or, is that just a spooky Holloween pic? I wasted $$ on VFF's too. I haven't worn them for two years now. I decided to keep one of the three pairs I owned exclusively for use in my SCUBA fins. The others went in the trash.

Reactions: happysongbird
I still like mine a lot, at least for casual use when I am out. My original pair which were Komodosports, I've been debating putting under the knife too. They have a practically useless strap around the heel, which to use or at least prevent from flopping about just the very tip of the velcro touches. Also the big strap over the top doesnt really do much either. I think I could cut all the straps off and just go with the elastic tightness of the shoe to stay put as is.

I wondered about your avatar too, thats kinda freaky!

You are on to something here. I have been wanting to cut the toes off of one of my pairs. Never did like that TPU protection or whatever they call it.

Right? The only time I have ever cracked a toe by ramming it into something has been while wearing those things - twice. Lol.

securedownload.jpg Okay, well, here is my crappy photo. See, there is nothing around the sides, nothing across the top (where the strap came up) and you can see my toes peeking out from the tops. :) securedownload.jpg

Jen, can you please shrink that picture? It would look better too.

Jeez you guys are harsh, lol!

Thats exactly what I wanted to do minus the toe mods. I might just have to go through with it now... but I;d be curious to see what you think after you've worn them longer. I'm in no rush anyhow, dont wear that pair hardly at all.

It will be a long time before I get to try them out cuz I am still sicker than s#$^. I thought I was getting better, but with only one day left of my antibiotics, I don't think a 101 degree fever and sleeping over 12 hours a day is better.

It will be a long time before I get to try them out cuz I am still sicker than s#$^. I thought I was getting better, but with only one day left of my antibiotics, I don't think a 101 degree fever and sleeping over 12 hours a day is better.

So sorry to hear that, Jen. Go back to the Dr. Sometimes it takes a few different rounds of antipsychotics to clear things out...which is also true for antibiotics...

So I did go back to the doctor and it turns out I have mononucleosis!!! Which means an enlarged spleen! Which means no trail running for the next 4-8 weeks, cuz if I fell on it, "POP"!!! Which means no work for weeks! Which means I get to live on here! Which means I get to wreak incredible amounts of pscyhological havoc on poor innocent victims everywhere! Did I mention I've had a high fever for awhile now? o_O

Reactions: dutchie53
So I did go back to the doctor and it turns out I have mononucleosis!!! Which means an enlarged spleen! Which means no trail running for the next 4-8 weeks, cuz if I fell on it, "POP"!!! Which means no work for weeks! Which means I get to live on here! Which means I get to wreak incredible amounts of pscyhological havoc on poor innocent victims everywhere! Did I mention I've had a high fever for awhile now? o_O
We are so doomed. :)

Reactions: NickW and jldeleon

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7