Hydration Packs or other options

Thanks everyone. I am thinking I'll look into a vest, although the hip packs with a bladder looks interesting too. I nvever saw those before. There really aren't any nearby places where I can try them on so I am going to have to guess on what will be the most comfortable. On shorter runs I carry regular water bottles in neoprene sleeves, but I'll need more capacity for longer runs. Last summer I got caught without water 7 miles from home on a 90+ degree day when the only store along the trail was closed. I was by a river if I got desperate, but I made it back to the car with only some minor hallucinations (I kept seeing water spigots just ahead of me along the trail).

I think I’ll save the beer helmet for the drive home, that way I can keep both hands on the wheel. Safety first. :)

Reactions: Lomad
Ran with my fuel belt revenge 2 belt a little this weekend. I was worried about it bouncing but found that it was quite comfortable. I didn't even notice it was there most of the time. When I did it reminded me to correct my form and then any movement from it went away. I was in boston for the Boston Barefoot Running Festival it was in the mid to upper 70's maybe 80 while running and sweating wasn't a problem. I was able to carry 2 10oz bottles, my cell phone, gu, wallet, and I could have carried my VFF's in the bungee strap but didn't need to. Overall I call it a good purchace for $46.

Glad you started this thread. I was just thinking about other options. I have the Camelbak Octane XCT. Pros: lightweight, waist strap, pocket can fit huaraches. Cons: sweaty back, side pockets a little hard to get into on the run, and water will warm up fast next to the back. Camelbak does make an insulated sleeve that I might try with it.
camelbak-octane-xct-backpack-2010.jpg

I just noticed a new Camelbak in the Trail Runner magazine, vest type, with a lumbar reservoir . I would really like to try this one.

camelbak-ultralr-12.jpg

Sorry the pictures are so big, I don't know how to resize.
you guys can fit the camelback water-container into a wide variety of diffirent bags,I use one of the DEUTER range where the back of the bag has a net.It only touches my shoulders and a small part of the lower-back,works fine for me.It's a 25L size backpack,it alows to take some food with me and a small first aid kit incase you hurt your feet.

I just carry a magic sponge; the more I run the more moisture builds up in it, I suck it down and put it back in my shorts... not sure how it works, MUST be magic?

Reactions: Woodsman

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7