Forums

barefoot ramzev wrote:...But

barefoot ramzev said:
...But then I guess you're right, maybe there's just nothing to talk about as a barefoot runner. We walk out of the house, run, the go home. Pretty uneventful....
There's always the several shards of glass and thorns that barefoot runners have to remove after each run. Oh, yeah, and the occassional rust nail.

Interesting debate. Is there

Interesting debate. Is there that much info, posted in the barefoot and minimal running (it's really all about running right?) to warrant two different subforums? And I'm asking seriously, not being a smart-ass :p BRS is promoting the run itself, whether it's done bare or in a minimal shoe or with saran wrap on your feet. We've got a common goal (to with form that promotes running: wisely, strongly, injury-free, happily etc) though we all take different roads to get to that goal (some cold turkey bare and only bare, some a little bit of both, some mostly minimal shoe some bare, some all minimal and the purists...Nate who venture to just ditch the shoes and gear all together and run naked. I think at this point, the forums don't move that quickly and posts stay on the front page for a long time before getting shoved back pages (so it really isn't all that difficult to weed through posts that are more important to you at the time.). IMO

I think that instead of separating the forums, maybe we can encourage each other in 'proper' subforum (ie, if it's really about shoes and it's affect on running form, reviews, etc, then put it in Gear), if it's about running (then it goes under Running). If it's about your favorite new fall brew, well head to the Pub. And if you've had a 6 pak of your favorite new fall brew, then post in PWI;)

Just my .02

It seems to me that in most

It seems to me that in most discussion forums if "recent unread posts" is available covering all sub-forums, that's what most people default to.

I know if we had that here that's what I would do, and just not click on any threads that I knew I wasn't interested in.

Like in the Barefoot Running section at that "other place", just go down the list clicking on interesting threads.

EVERTHING is discussed under the umbrella of barefoot running, and it is a pretty easy format to keep up with.

Personaly I'd be fine if we had only one giant forum here!

LB: You mean like this?

LB: You mean like this? http://barefootrunners.org/build2/group/tracker

Not exactly, T.J. turned me

Not exactly, T.J. turned me on to that the first time I made a similar comment.

The problem is threads don't show as read/unread, and you have to sift through all the non-forum posts as well.

I mean just forum posts, with an indicator of read/unread like in our individual forums.

Instead of checking all the sub-forums, I wish I could just check new & unread in ALL forums at the same time.

EDIT: Whoa, I just realized I had to re-log in after clicking the link! NOW I see new and unread! Not Bad!

Second Edit: Naw, WAY too much clutter!

I don't see where the problem

I don't see where the problem is. Go to the forum you are interested in reading. For those threads that have new posts, it will be highlighted for you stating "new." Click on New; ignore those that are not new.

I want to read ALL the

I want to read ALL the forums!

I just don't want to have to check them each individually, that's all.

No big deal, just my own pet tweak I would wish for.

All in all that must mean I'm pretty well satisfied!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon