Conversion!

jldeleon

Barefooters
Apr 9, 2011
Oregon
My husband told me he wants to try barefoot running! Whoot! It was particularly funny that he told me this after I had just been talking about it at a family dinner where most people were laughing at me, including him. He told me right after that dinner! What is hysterical, is that he doesn't want me to tell any of our family or close friends -lol. I guess he will have to wear a bag over his head when we are out running in case someone he knows sees him. Tee hee.

Kudos to you. Now if I could

Kudos to you. Now if I could just get my wife (who hates being barefoot in general) to try it.

Very cool.  I wish my husband

Very cool. I wish my husband would just run, with or without shoes.

I guess I am lucky my wife

I guess I am lucky my wife runs as much as I do, either sporting a pair of VFF's and she will occasionally bare her soles for the world to see. ;-)

the ignorant laugh in an

the ignorant laugh in an attempt to show superiority. i tend to laugh right along with them. it confuses them a little but i feel sorry for them that they are limited in their thinking. i just hope they one day wake up and expand their world.

Mike

migangelo wrote:the ignorant

migangelo said:
the ignorant laugh in an attempt to show superiority. i tend to laugh right along with them. it confuses them a little but i feel sorry for them that they are limited in their thinking. i just hope they one day wake up and expand their world.

Mike

Man...that's deep! (snapping fingers in hipster approval)

-Jonny

My wife walks barefoot a lot

My wife walks barefoot a lot around the neighborhood, sometimes she breaks into a jog too!

My better half and I have

My better half and I have been running together off and on since we were married in 1982. Almost daily since 2007. She has been transitioning to MR in Soft Stars since last fall and has run in the Minimus road since this spring. I feel very fortunate to have a spouse who understands my love of running and trains and runs races with me on a regular basis.

My wife is flat out

My wife is flat out embarressed of me and barefoot running. Out of respect for her when we go to her families homes I will through on some flip flops to make her happy. She loves that I no longer have back pain and am able to run now, but she just can't understand why i can't/won't wear shoes. Well, not just shoes, but normal running shoes. I just got a pair of Vivobarefoot Neos and those make her a little happier when we go to the store although neither of us like the coloring. The black and yellow was the only color available locally. She really doesn't like me wearing the huaraches I made in public when she's around. She is very close minded and straight laced and is trying hard to accept me for all my quirks, barefooting included.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon