Barefoot Running Instructors Wanted

Joseph, anyone, want to do

Joseph, anyone, want to do one in Philly? I am gaging interest on FB and among friends who are trying BFR for a clinic (lots of them right now!) Philly's weird because there is so much widespread acceptance and promotion of minimalist and BF running. I mean, the LRS has already sponsored clinics on real BFR. It feels overdone to do it, but it's worth it to me to have it under the BRS "brand".

I'm not sure if I qualify or

I'm not sure if I qualify or not. I attempted to teach a barefoot clinic but we had to quit part way through. I have had experience training runners in the past as I've taught several Running Room clinics (of course I was shod at the time). I'm certainly not ceritified to teach BF running, but I have been a certified personal trainer, and been a runner for 20+ years now.

I'd also be interested in

I'd also be interested in seeing where these classes are going and once I'm done recovering from surgery (long story) I'd be interested in taking them. Eventually I'd love to become a coach, as well.

The money thing is a drag, but it happens with all kinds of exercise training. The same thing happened in Pilates over the years as it has slowly become more centralized. I hold out hope that the warmth and humanity of the practice will stay intact as it grows and develops as a form.

You guys, it's like this. 

You guys, it's like this. There is no "official" certification that is done to say definitively that someone is a competent barefoot running coach or not. We're in the beginning stages of all this. We need to now start laying the ground work for the future. Lee is onto something, but he's not easily assessable to everyone. It would be nice to develop our own curriculum, as I think Jason would be great for this. Until we can catch up to the shod running certifications that are out there, we have to start at home.

So, with that said, I will start a new thread on this subject. Watch out! Here goes...

TJ, I am still coaching

TJ,

I am still coaching barefoot AND minimilist running (not hard line barefoot purist) - starting everyone barefoot and then working with anyone in VFF or other good minimalist footwear. That said, you are welcome to list me if You like.

I actually have 7 weeks of training runs coming up at the World's Fair Site in Knoxville, TN in parnership with Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure and the Volunteer Ministry Center 5k. Those training dates will be free and I'll get more info on those up on here and in the TN chapter forum soon

-Levi

I am starting with $50 a

I am starting with $50 a session and seeing how that goes.

A session lasts up to an hour and a half. In that time I will start with video taping the person running at their comfortable pace wearing whatever they normally wear or not wear on their feet. Then I go over some of the biomechanics and then we look at their video.

Shoes come off. Then we go through all of the drills together and work more on the ones that address their particular glaring issues.

At the end I film them again and we go over that. I provide the weighted bars and metronome that we use during the session. After the session I create a composite video of the before and after and do a write up as to what I saw, what we worked on, and what I want them to continue to work on. I email them the video and write up as well as some composite still photos taken from the video that illustrate points particular to them.

If they want a follow up session to video again and get further coaching ect. its only $20 per hour.

To me it doesn't seem like too much to invest and considering how much change happens in that amount of time. Its not too much to make it not worth it but enough to make it something of worth.

Greetings, I am a licensed

Greetings,

I am a licensed massage therapist and personal trainer in Austin, TX. I also teach barefoot running/walking technique. I specialize in chronic pain and injury which is what ultimately brought me to barefooting. I find that weakness in the arches, brought about by arch supports, cushion and a heel wedge, leads to weakness and collapse of the arches. The arches are the foundation of the postural chain. Once the arch collapses, the knees, hips, rib cage, shoulders, and head follow leading to a lifetime of chronic pain. I recently started writing a weekly blog about pain management through massage, self massage, and functional movement patterns. I invite you to take a look at my blog and website http://www.tao-fit.com.

I would like to add myself and a collegue of mine, Monte Becker, to your list. I look forward to joining the braintrust you are fostering here.

Jesse James Retherford

www.tao-fit.com

Bump.

Bump.

I'd consider myself more of a

I'd consider myself more of a consultant; anyone wanting barefooting advice should feel free to send me an email. As far as coaching goes, I'd have to try it out on a few people before I could set a price. I could totally suck at it for all I know.

But sure, sign me up.

Oh, and vote for me to be your chocolate milk representative:

http://www.refuelwithchocolatemilk.com/grants/vote/

Bump 

Bump

David Hotz aka NOFOOTPRINTS>

David Hotz aka NOFOOTPRINTS> [email protected]

Currently in Sydney but soon to be in Cape Town.

I intstruct on barefooting through my Natural RUnning WOrkshop Lesson.

I dont specifically teach tecnique. Good technique only comes from listening to your body.

I help people find the signposts along the way.

Barefooting can be part of this.

I have chosen to run barefoot becauses it optimises the quality of my experience.

I usually get referals from past attendees and physiotherapists.

Philosophically i AM AGAINST A QUALIFICACTION THAT TEACHES PEOPLE HOW TO BEHAVE NATURALLY.

People who want filters are in their brain and we need to get them out of there. Check out these threads to see the firestorms i started. I didnt understand the community i was connecting and i got hammered but i learnt from this. See below. I approached it badly. My excuse. I havent been runnig much at all :) I think a qualification could help. I would be happy to help develop and partipate. I was thinking bout doing a series of videos which i am happy to still do. http://www.coolrunning.com.au/forums/index.php?s=b7bdd9d7225dc9db88dbd44eff4bfd10&showtopic=32458 http://www.coolrunning.com.au/forums/index.php?s=b7bdd9d7225dc9db88dbd44eff4bfd10&showtopic=32423

I would also get Partick aka Gordo from TEDS huarachees google group involved.

I have also signed up for a study being done by a phd studen in australia - you want the details?

I am going to contact Prof Noakes when i get back to CT. re a study.

Thanks, NFP.  We'll add you

Thanks, NFP. We'll add you to the map.

They certainly did slam you. I didn't get a chance to read it all though.

If you would like start a new thread about this study you are involved in, please feel free. Maybe you can recruit some more folks.

Bump

Bump

I would suggest Warren Dickey

I would suggest Warren Dickey who is chapter president for Tampa as you know. I have seen him coach first hand here on the key and he does a great job. I did not ask his permission to volunteer him. But we are on insulting terms with each other already. So give him a try. He theoretically could say no to the challenge but I am not sure that he has that in his vocabulary ...

Bump for Ruben. 

Bump for Ruben. :)

The Barefoot Running

The Barefoot Running Instructors Map has been created. Please see the thread stickied to the top of this forum named Barefoot Running Instructors Map (http://www.barefootrunners.org/forum-topic/barefoot-running-instructors-map ).

Since no one stepped up to organize this data, we're going to let this project go on auto-pilot.
wink.png
Please do not alter anyone else's information. (In the future, we may handle this differently, but for now...)

If you would like to be added to this map, please follow this format when entering your information (so basically, just copy this text and insert it into your map marker, and add your own info.). I have an example on the map. If I am missing any fields we should add, please let me know. If there is anyone you know of who coaches/instructs and would like to be added to the map, please forward them this email.
Name:Business Name: Location:Address: Email:Site:Calendar:phone 1:phone 2:Fee:Experience:More Info:

I have sent every person

I have sent every person mentioned in this thread an email with these details, except for Michael Sandler, since I can't seem to find his email address now and Scott Jurek, since I'm not sure he's teaching actual barefoot running, and I don't have the time to research and find out. If anyone would like to send the post above this one to them, please feel free.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7