5k tomorrow but I have a little blister on my forefoot

sprkthead2

Barefooters
Sep 6, 2010
Going to run a 5k race tomorrow but have a little blister from running 5k barefoot yesterday. Its deep one(skin is thick), perhaps from running barefoot before. Should I go ahead and run barefoot? or should I wear my VFF instead. Was planning on this race to be my first barefoot race. Or should leave barefoot for another day. : (

Does it bother you? Do the

Does it bother you? Do the VFFs make it better? If you're set on going barefoot I'd pop the blister with a sterile needle. Try to make a hole that's big enough for it not to become clogged and then leave it as is until tomorrow. That should let it heal enough for you to be able to run any way you like.

I'd say sterilize a needle,

I'd say sterilize a needle, pop it twice, so it doesn't fill back up. Let the air get to it all night, then in the morning, wrap it in tape really well. That should last you 3.1.

Good luck!

For the Smileys to work, hover your moust over the one you want, note the syntax/string used to create it, then type that string into your post. For example, a basic smile : - ) produces :)

rub some dirt on it, suck it

rub some dirt on it, suck it up and get back out there...If I was a coach that's what I'd tell you. Since I'm not I agree with everyone else. One thing, I didn't pop blisters if they weren't so swelled that I could run on it. I only popped them if they bothered me, otherwise I let them be.

I don't think that there should be too much different with BF or VFF with a blister unless you're worried about dirt.

Well I decided to run with my

Well I decided to run with my VFF, ran 27:25 pace of 8:48. Thanks for the advice I wish I checked here before the race, I would of popped it. One thing I notice more during races is slapping of shoes around me. My blister has gone down, probably dispersed. I'll continue on my barefoot runs tomorrow :).

Congrats on a good time and a

Congrats on a good time and a good time. Hee.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts