Zapmamak's sick shirts!

Joshh

Barefooters
Aug 28, 2010
Zap, apologies if this was posted somewhere and I missed it. I just went to your site and saw your two shirt models with the easy online store (work of a pro). I love the target one and want to buy one.

I thought I'd ask here (to big ya up!) if the mediums run big and/or if the large's run small? I think I remember Gildans running big from my t-shirt days... but I'm not sure.

Also, next batch of shirts would be cool to do in an environmentally friendlier fabric (organic cotton, bamboo or hemp). Not a critisizm, just good to keep these important things in the collective conversation. Alright, enough hippy banter. Great work!

Zap does some of our graphics

Zap does some of our graphics and did all of our temp tattoo artwork too! Good stuff! Check it out under the Store link above.

Hey dmc, I couldn't get the

Hey dmc, I couldn't get the hyperlink function to work so just go to this thread and look at the bottom of her comment: http://barefootrunners.org/forum-topic/are-we-going-about-barefoot-movement-right-way?page=2

Hahaha! Looks like y'all have

Hahaha! Looks like y'all have been talkin' about me... and I missed it!!!

;)

Here's the link to my shirts at Spreadshirt: Zaps Threads

Thanks for the big up, Josh! To answer your question, I'm actually not sure on the men's sizes. But it looks like the length (top to bottom) of the men's standard medium is 28.7 inches and across the chest is 20.2. Consider about .5 inches for shrinkage with the 100% cotton. Hope that helps some.

Oh! And I totally hear ya with the environmental shirts. In fact I have a few bamboo shirts in my shop. I can't remember if I ihave the the organic ones or not up there. Recently I saw that Spreadshirt is having 20% off the purchase of 2 organic items for Spring so I was planning on adding those to the shop soon if I haven't already.

As for the shirts in general... I even have the first loser design (2nd place) from the I.B.R.D Contest that Angie Bee and I worked on. So if you want another version of the I.B.R.D shirt you can find that in my shop as well.

Oh and btw... I will be hosting another free shirt giveaway of one of my tshirt designs on my blog soon so check it out! I am trying to get one more design done within the next few weeks for that. I will probably let the winner pick the design.

Feel free to let me know what kind of stuff you want to see! I'm always open to ideas and feedback. I can't guarantee I'll make you happy, but I will certainly try... ;)

Oh... now I know why I hadn't

Oh... now I know why I hadn't added one of the organic brands to my store. Spreadshirt will be discontinuing them. The Earth Positive men's shirt will be discontinued eventually. Not sure when that will be, but apparently sometime in the near future. I added some to my shop, and it looks like you can currently purchase that item. Note, though, that it runs small so look at the sizing for the shirt before you buy.

Great, thanks Zap!  I try to

Great, thanks Zap! I try to not buy any t-shirts that are made of ordinary 100% cotton. We have been tricked into believing that 100% cotton must be a good thing but the reality is very different.
  • Conventional cotton fabric is processed with chlorine bleach. Hydrogen Peroxide and formaldehyde are also applied in the processing of the fabrics.
  • Dioxin is a carcinogen that is derived from chlorine bleach and is responsible for hormone disruption.
  • The dyeing process of conventional cotton fabrics uses heavy metals that are harmful carcinogens.
  • Conventional cotton production accounts for more than 10 percent of pesticide used and nearly 23 percent of agricultural insecticide sales.
  • It takes one-quarter of a pound of chemicals to produce one conventional cotton T-shirt, and one-quarter of a pound of chemicals to produce 2 pairs of conventional men's boxer shorts.
  • Cotton pesticides can enter the human food chain via cotton seed oil used in processed foods. The meat and dairy products from cows fed cottonseeed meal, trash from cotton gins and cotton straw may also contain pesticides that were applied to cotton.
  • Contamination of ground water is directly linked to pesticide & fertilizer used on cotton crops. Nitrates found in these fertilizers are found to cause "blue baby sundrome" in infants.
  • Use of chemicals in processing weakens the fibers and therefore conventional cotton products wear out faster than organic cotton ones.
  • Conventional cotton growing is heavily subsidized by public funds, hence the deceptively low price of conventional cotton, but at what cost? The toll on the environement is not reflected in conventional cotton prices.
So in a nutshell, go organic, go hemp or go bamboo!

Thanks Josh for all the info

Thanks Josh for all the info and so well organized... I like Spreadshirt because they offer more choices in the eco-friendly department compared to other custom apparel POD companies I've dealt with, however they have been discontinuing a few organics lately (not sure what that was about), but apparently they are also adding some other "eco-happy" labels. I like to offer a variety, though. While in a perfect world everyone would have the budget for the eco-friendly shirts, not everyone does or even chooses to buy them. :)

I love the shirts, but they

I love the shirts, but they are a little pricey? Us college people working full time can't swing that kinda cash haha!

That text was "borrowed" from

That text was "borrowed" from a website. The info is all over the net for those who care to look. I wish I was that orderly myself. :bigsmile:

The issue is not that those "eco" materials are so expensive, it's the mark up that is. Also, we are kidding ourselves if we think that the true cost of an ordinary cotton shirt is less than an organically produced one. I'm happy to pay more for the good stuff anyday. It lasts longer too. Anyone who has ever bought anything made by Patagonia will probably agree.

Nature Runner I hear you. When I was in college I was the master of bringing home and cleaning up whatever I could find. Of course that was early nineties and grunge was how we rolled. :lol:

I love the shirts zap, but

I love the shirts zap, but was hoping to find some with logos on the back as well. I want to wear mine while out barefoot running. Most people will be looking at my back as I run past, and I want them to see the sweet designs! Let me know if this is a possibility. Thanks!

Can someone explain the

Can someone explain the target shirt to me? It's kinda cool and probably is something pretty obvious but I just don't get it.

Barefoot Brown - I'm

Barefoot Brown - I'm currently designing a BFR logo that I will be putting on the back of a shirt. I'm actually in the process of coming up with a few more designs that I will be posting on my blog soon (life has gotten kinda busy for me lately). If there is a specific design you like I can put it on a shirt for you. Just let me know what kind of shirt you're looking for and I'll get it on the back.

Shacky - Hahaha! Yeah. That's my bizarre sense of humor. The target one is my Barefoot Badass Tee. Its a double concept... BFRs are... well... badass. Hence the dart in the foot. But it also reflects my personal experience with BFR. I have certain spots on my foot that alway attract the sharp and jabbies. The outside part right under the pinky toe for me is the worse. I ALWAYS step on something sharp and jabby over and over right there. It gets the highest points.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7