Your 3 minutes from the finish line...

Abide

Barefooters
May 13, 2010
what's the last song on your playlist to give you that last push?

This is a hard one for me, I would have to say it would be either "Roots" by Sepultura or "Sleep Now in the Fire" by Rage.

splish splash, I was taking a

splish splash, I was taking a bath....

Nobody's interested in music

Nobody's interested in music huh? It must be the "being in tune with nature" phenom over here :)

Just cracked out Siamese Dream, man that is a kick ass album. That and Superunknown have to be two of the best rock albums from the 90s.

Abide wrote:Nobody's

Abide said:
Nobody's interested in music huh? It must be the "being in tune with nature" phenom over here :)

Just cracked out Siamese Dream, man that is a kick ass album. That and Superunknown have to be two of the best rock albums from the 90s.

Soundgarden is not my usual style of preferred music, but I agree that Superunknown is a great album (are they actually called albums these days?).

Peace,

Karen

I'm usually one of those

I'm usually one of those communing with nature types, but if I had to pick one, I might go with "Lose yourself" by Eminem. Definitely one of his best tunes. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFYQQPAOz7Y

The lyrics about seizing opportunity are perfect ("success is the only mothaf***in option") and the buildup works really well. Plus it keeps to a pretty consistent 173 bpm (or half-beats per minute) which is close to the 180+ cadence I'm personally going for.

Yeah, Siamese Dream rocks. But the BPM's aren't right for me. I end up locking into the beat and getting screwed up. I can't run and chew gum at the same time basically.

I go for "Bleed it Out" by

I go for "Bleed it Out" by Linkin Park or "Everybody Needs Somebody to Love" by the Blues Brothers. I also have Siamese Dream on my ipod, and I think it is kick-ass as well!

peacekaren wrote:Soundgarden

peacekaren said:
Soundgarden is not my usual style of preferred music, but I agree that Superunknown is a great album (are they actually called albums these days?).

Peace,

Karen

Depends, if you are over or under 25 :)

I don't listen to music while

I don't listen to music while I run. But if I did, I would break out the metal for some adrenaline. Or the Rocky theme.

I can't believe someone else on here knows who Sepultura is. "Kiowas" is one of my all-time favorite songs.

When I did use an Ipod I

When I did use an Ipod I liked to run with Dropkick Murphy's, Angel City Outcasts, Pennywise etc. For a kick I usually went with some harder stuff like Demon Hunter, As I Lay Dying, Godsmack etc.

I wonder how many of us

I wonder how many of us listen to music when running anymore? I don't either, but when I ran shod I did.

Who doesn't know who Seplutura is?

Man, I'm old.

Man, I'm old.

I have very little hard rock

I have very little hard rock in my collection, but Sepultura sounds like a good choice to me.

I guess I am a bit too much "in tune with nature," or at least I'm already so out if it WITHOUT headphones that I don't want to cut myself off any more...

When I was younger and gloomier I probably would have picked Skinny Puppy or Ministry. But now I'd be more likely to go for something super-cliche like Springsteen or Rocky music.

Three minutes from the finish

Three minutes from the finish line I'd use a really fast and cheesy black metal song or something. Y'know, with a ton of strings and a singer sounding like a pissed off cat. Probably something off of Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia by Dimmu Borgir. Yes, the title is as ridiculous as the music but it makes me want to go fast in any way I can.

3 minutes from the finish I'm

3 minutes from the finish I'm just trying to finish. I listen to whatever is coming through the headphones. ;)

I have been thinking that maybe I need to quit wearing my music on runs & races, so that I would be able to hear all the "catchy" phrases people throw my way. :)

Also, if people want to talk about BFR/MR, it would certainly be easier without headphones on. I am thinking about having something printed on the back of some running shirts that says something like "ask me about running barefoot" or something that sounds cooler (any assistance with this would be appreciated).

The funny sayings are fine, and maybe they are enough, but I was looking for something a little more direct that would/could start a conversation. Maybe I'm just overthinking it (that would be par for the course). :-

mike, there's a thread in the

mike, there's a thread in the Pub where I asked the same question. There are tons of great suggestions in there. It's called "Funny Line for the Back of my BRS Shirt"

SP, I read that thread alot!

SP, I read that thread alot! Some of those are freakin' hilarious!! I guess I just forgot how it started... oops!

My two favorites: the cave man one (except for any copyright violations) is a classic, and the spending the shoe money on beer is sure to get a laugh on the road! :)

Cheers!

I shudder!

I shudder!

Barefoot TJ wrote:Man, I'm

Barefoot TJ said:
Man, I'm old.

Soon your kids will keep you up on the latest, then you'll feel hip again.

Then they'll move out after high school (maybe) and you'll once again lose that edge.

I remember staying up for SNL long after it became lame just to see the musical guests with my kids.

One time when our daughter was in high school (she'll turn 29 next month) she wanted to go to a concert somewhere inside the city of Detroit with some friends. I asked her where, and she could'nt name a venue I had ever heard of. Turned out it was a rave, not a real concert. I wanted to know who was performing. She said "Nobody you would ever have heard of".

"Well what's their name"

"Eminem".

"What", "Some band named after a candy?"

"I told you you never heard of him."

She went, and it would still be a year or so before the Eight Mile rapper would became a household name, but I knew about Eminem before almost anyone else my age did!

She survived that period in her life, and is now a succesful advertising exec married to a guy doing very well himself.

I can't even imagine what T.J.'s kids are going to be into at age 16!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo9090