Working the Crowd

Well, what a nice

Well, what a nice compliment. So all I have to do is act ignorant, and I can be thought of as youthful. Hmmmm.

And here I thought surfers were a type of hippie, at least the ones I knew were, well that or stoners.

When I was in elementary

When I was in elementary school we heard about California surf culture. Those guys " wearing their baggies, huarachi sandals too" as imortalized by the Beach Boys sounded SO cool, WAY cooler than the beatniks of the Village with their Maynard G. Krebs style beards and poetry readings.

But when Life magazine told us about San Francisco's Haight-Ashbury Hippies back in the 9'th grade, I heeded the siren call to flower power.

Surfers at least were athletes, whether stoners or not. Hippie culture lended itself better to sitting around stoned and not moving very much-til the crash pad was raided. I got fat while thinking deep and believing that jocks were nowhere.

Sixty's surfers liked the sex,drugs,and rock&roll acceptance of the Hippies, and by the time I graduated high school any slacker could become a stoner and justify it in the name of peace & love. The lines became blurred, there in lies your confusion.

They say that if you remember the sixty's you were'nt really there, but I beg to differ!

I got fat while thinking

I got fat while thinking deep...

Must have been the munchies.

Word on the street is that

Word on the street is that Frito-Lay is pouring $millions into the "legalize it" lobby's fund.

Haha, I wouldn't be too

Haha, I wouldn't be too surprised if that were true.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts