Woo hoo, FANTASTIC article on Barefoot Running on DailyMile

C. Beth Run.

Barefooters
Jul 6, 2010
This article on the DailyMile blog is really great! Love it. (Now, some of you will dislike his view that running barefoot in the snow is "impossible," but let's be honest--MOST runners will never do it. But for those of you who do--you are the amazing exceptions!)

Love this quote:Barefoot

Love this quote:

Barefoot running does not involve running in shoes. Period. “Barefoot running shoes” is an oxymoron. Period. Barefoot running is different, and it deserves to be treated as such.

What gets me in hot water is

What gets me in hot water is that (like the author) I actually do believe that barefoot running is different and deserves to be treated as such. If anyone wants to debate this, let's start another thread.

Other than that, so far of what I read of the article I like.

Of course we disagree with the "running barefoot in the snow is not possible" statement. It is very possible. I wish he would have instead said it was very difficult for some to run barefoot in the snow. But it's not impossible.

interesting article..  some

interesting article.. some good, some bad.. what stuck out to me was his comment about barefoot vs podiatrists.. which is true.. mom mentioned I was barefooting to her podiatrist and then called to tell me it was a fad and going to cause me more injuries... This the woman who insisted I can't run bare in Atlanta (OK, she did buy my merrell pure gloves, but I plan on wearing them to work more than to run!)

Good article - as said, of

Good article - as said, of course there was some good and some not So good, but overall, excellent article. What makes it great in my opinion is that it is written from a skeptic. That's what we need!

Good to see you participating

Good to see you participating in the community Levi. You are setting yourself apart from others who are here uniquely to sell something.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts