Who else has a hard time skipping scheduled runs?

Some of my motivation

Some of my motivation definitely comes from the endorphins. I LOVE how I feel after a run (and sometimes during, though that's not AS consistent!) I really, really love what running does for me--not just in general, but nearly every time I run. So it's hard to decide not to do that.

But occasionally not running once might help facilitate (relatively) problem-free running for the next week, so giving my body that extra rest is just preparing it for more endorphins later.

I'm skipping my first

I'm skipping my first scheduled/planned race tomorrow morning. On-line registration ended Thusday, there is no day of race registration, and 4:00 today in person at the expo was the last call. I missed it on purpose.

The forcast is for 38 degrees, with wind and rain at the 8:00 a.m. start.

I HAVE to be at a first ever extended "family reunion" brunch by 10:00 a.m.

My plan was to towel down after the race in the van, change cloths, and meet the family at the party, whether I looked totaly appropriate or not. I started feeling like I would be kind of zombie looking instead without a warm shower in between. I'll skip it, nothing lost except the planning involved.

I did my training run yesterday, biked as well, and stretched & lifted today.

It's going to be a long winter!

I'm heading over to PWI instead,

anyone else?

I'm easy...If it's scheduled

I'm easy...If it's scheduled and I Don't feel like, I Don't do it. Also there are plenty of times where I am stopped at a rest stop or I'm in my house and decided, "I can squeeze 10 min in" and just left. I've kept my band mates on the road waiting once or twice, but it fixed the urge.

Espeshily in transitioning I think it is more important to rest when you are feeling questionable. Mostly this is because the muscles or feet are probably giving you second thoughts for good reason.

I've had a few great 5 day a week runs and then need to scale back to 3 days due to increasing milage.

Also, I just decided this week to skip my 18 mile run on Wed because it's going to be rainy and crappy in DC and I was just on and off a plane for 4 days straight and missed 2 out of 3 runs. I am going to do a few extra smaller distance runs between now and the 20 miles I have to do next week. I am really just winging it because I have a full 26.2 on Oct 31st. I'd rather make it across the finish line slower then hurt myself trying to make all my scheduled runs.

Some of my best runs have

Some of my best runs have been the ones I have wanted to skip, but just went out anyways. I really use running now like morning coffee. If I skip, I am a crabby bastard the rest of the day.

Abide wrote:Some of my best

Abide said:
Some of my best runs have been the ones I have wanted to skip, but just went out anyways. I really use running now like morning coffee. If I skip, I am a crabby bastard the rest of the day.

Generally I agree--often getting out and running on a day where I don't feel like it, gives me a GREAT morning instead of a bad one. I just want to listen enough to my body that if I really need the day off (as opposed to waking up on the wrong side of the bed), I'm willing to take it.

Because of this thread and

Because of this thread and general boredom I've just scheduled all the running I intend to do for the rest of the year. OCD? ME? No way...