Where is the PWI thread?

Abide

Barefooters
May 13, 2010
I couldn't find it? Has one been made yet? Longboard?

Anyway the reason for this post...is anyone else sick of the so-called summer beers, ie. fruity wheat beers, IPA's and other pale ales. I'm stoked about the Octoberfest's that should be showing up soon. Fall is my favorite time of the year.

I'm sure Zum can point you in

I'm sure Zum can point you in the right direction. :beer:

I don't mind lighter beers

I don't mind lighter beers in the summer, but recently we bought some that we thought would be summery and light, it looked like an unfiltered wheat with a hint of lemon, and it ended up tasting like a mix between lemonade and iced tea (I think they call them Arnold Palmers). It pretty much cured me of any lingering summer beer enjoyment.

Bring on the Märzens!

I like to think we can freely

I like to think we can freely pwi all over the Pub, the challenge is trying to point out the "posted while intoxicated" posts :p It all goes down here in the pub

While I don't drink a lot of beer anymore, I do love my stouts and nut browns (which are definitely more fall beer). You can't exactly chug down a Guinness in the summer like you can on a cold fall day. I'm not much of a light beer drinker, though a cold one on a hot day is good stuff once in a while.

haha Norm, beer shouldn't taste like lemonade :p

There's nothing wrong with

There's nothing wrong with Liene's Summer Shandy! It's great to grill with. I am unable to work my grill without a beer in my hand.

But yeah, I hear you Abide. IPAs and pale ales usually taste the same as sucking on a penny. Give me a nice red or brown ale any day. One of my new favorites is Cynus X-1 Porter by Flat Earth. They are a local brewery that my friend works at. It's a smoked porter. Usually smoked porters taste like liquid salmon, but this one is well done. More like drinking a delicious campfire.

http://flatearthbrewing.com/home.php

Norm that is the same way I

Norm that is the same way I feel. I like lemonade but despise lemons, oranges or limes in any beer. And it seems that what brewers describe as a light hint of lemon, ends up being overwhemingly lemon.

Yes a guiness or most stouts are too dark for Summer, but I consider those my winter beers. I could skip the entire spring/summer collection and take the fall beers for 3/4 of the year and then save the real dark ones for winter.

Ahh I do miss Liene's Red. It's hard to find it down here. Although my current favorite is 90 Shilling from my time living in CO. It is pretty prevalent donw here in Phoenix too. I'll check out the flat earth beer one of these days. I'm still trying to bring myself to buy a 6 pack of oaked arrogant bastard ale. It was only $20...

Oh yeah a warning, New Belgiums Hoptober is just another pale ale. I was seriously dissapointed.

Abide, another good beer that

Abide, another good beer that you can actually get in CO is Alaskan Brewery. They have an awesome porter as well. I am jealous of you because for me to get a case of anything costs $50 or more in shipping. Not worth it for me...but you can probably get it in liquor stores.

http://www.alaskanbeer.com/

It's Summer, so the only

It's Summer, so the only "real" beers I've been drinking are the wheats with the hint of orange, but even those just sparingly.

I've been ingesting the liquid carbs earlier in the day on weekends and vacations, so have actually moved DOWN from Bud Light to Mic Ultra and even Select 55!

If you want to enjoy all day that tradeoff becomes necessary! (at least sometimes)

After today's 5K race they handed each participant a real glass glass of Champaign as they collected the old-school reusable timing chip. That did not taste quite right after a hot & humid run, so I returned to the Longboard mobile bar & race transport to pour a few icy Bud Lights into a tall cardboard coffee cup to carry around instead.

So the Pub needs a PWI thread?

Incoming!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon