What not to do as part of your BFR training program!

PKFFW

Barefooters
Oct 10, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Don't go from a standing start to a full sprint across brick pavers, pebblecrete and rough concrete whilst barefoot chasing after a 14 year old on a scooter !!

After said teenager threw a bottle at my moving car and smashed the windscreen I stopped, got out and took off after him. Of course I was barefoot and not really paying any attention to my form!

The result???

Blood blisters under two toes, a big blister on the ball of my foot, a torn toenail and a bruised(possibly fractured) heel. All on my right foot. Strangely enough my left foot is fine.

Oh, and 1 apprehended 14 year old with the fear of God put into him, a couple of bruises around the head and stomach from where he must have "fell down" ;-)(nothing tooooo serious) and one scooter smashed to pieces to teach him a lesson.

No pictures?  I'd make his

No pictures? ;-)

I'd make his parents pay for a new window. I'm glad you trashed his scooter, but I guess that equals out the window. An eye for an eye.

I wish I could make the

I wish I could make the parents pay but with no witnesses it's unlikely they would. Also, because my wife is a Police Officer I know how virtually impossible it is to get any sort of charges laid against a minor in this country, much less have any court actually impose any sort of punishment!

In this case an eye for an eye seemed the best way to go. And it did make me feel better! At least until the pain in my foot settled in! hahaha

Way to go PKFFW, its nice to

Way to go PKFFW, its nice to hear someone actually teaching a kid a lesson these days. Is it just cause im getting older, or are kids getting more and more disrespectful every year?

barefoot kean wrote:Is it

barefoot kean said:
Is it just cause im getting older, or are kids getting more and more disrespectful every year?

You are getting older :). Remember being a teenager is like being toasted at a bachelor party with your buddies. You do stupid sh!t.

Abide wrote: You are

Abide said:
You are getting older :). Remember being a teenager is like being toasted at a bachelor party with your buddies. You do stupid sh!t.

Yea, it was fun and games when it was someone elses mailbox you smashed, but 20 years later when it is your malibox, not so much fun. Paybacks I guess.

(In all honesty, I never smashed a mailbox, just egged and tp'd houses. but same idea.)

Every generation thinks the

Every generation thinks the next generation is more disrespectful and is leading us closer to the end of the world. Kids aren't getting worse, the abilty to widely report what kids do is getting better.

@ Abide - I thought about the

@ Abide - I thought about the urination thing but just didn't need to go at the time! ;-)

As for kids getting worse.............not to sound pessimistic but personally I think every part of society is getting worse. Back in my day(and my how that makes me sound old!) if you saw a fist fight at the pub it was unusual, now it is an everyday occurrence. It used to be settled with fists and now glassings or knife attacks are the more likely end result. Road rage used to be blaring your horn at someone, now it is following them to the next red light and getting your tire iron out to do business with. If a kid threw something at your car and smashed your windscreen you used to call the police and now you smash their scooter! ;-) (though in my defence here in Australia it is truly virtually impossible to get the courts to impose any sort of punishment on a minor unless the crime is a felony and they are a repeat offender)

So in short I don't think kids are getting any worse proportionately to the rest of society. I just think society is getting worse and kids are coming along for the ride.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon