What non running lesson has BFR running taught you?

I'll second what Liz wrote

I'll second what Liz wrote (although I haven't raced bare yet). The first time I went out barefoot, I thought more about what people would think than I did about the pea-sized rocks I'd been warned about. A few runs later, I managed a short conversation with the first person to ask if it hurt. Now, I have to remember to grab flipflops when I'll need them, because I don't wear them until I get to where I'm going. Someday, I hope to be comfortable when I enter my first race barefoot.

It's been a journey for someone who is uncomfortable with drawing attention.

BFR has taught me that work

BFR has taught me that work boots really really suck! I started all this last Oct and my feet seem to be hot all the time now. So when I have to wear workboots I have to change sox and boots atleast once during my 12 hour shifts or its athlete foot city! NEVER had that problen B4.

It has also taught me what is popular (RUNNING BOOTS) is not always right!!

Since I run mostly trails

Since I run mostly trails and gravel, bfr has enlightened me on the many amazing senses me bare feet give me when running through various terrains. I come in contact with dry and wet leaves, different temps on ground, different textures of dirt and rock, twigs, branches, logs, and I learn to manuever like a mountain lion. I would never have experienced running this way if I didn't do it barefoot. It's the most amazing running and trailing ever, doing it completly bare foot! I know I mentioned running, but the senses are something I experience on a daily basis since I barefoot all the time :)

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7