What is this? Bruise, dislocation, muscle pain???

Jonny00GT

Chapter Presidents
May 19, 2011
A couple months ago, I kicked a chair leg or the table in the dark, with the under side of my right foot. It felt bruised between my 3rd and 4th toe under the pad, but closer to the arch than the toes. Then, one day, when I was running on the treadmill, my foot popped and the pain was nearly gone, then it was gone by the end of the week. This made me think maybe it wasn't a bruise...maybe something popped out of place and went back in, or some sort of cycst? IDK.

My first barefoot race 6/18/11 ended up being on a combination of gravel and chip seal, for which I was not sufficiently prepaired. Never the less, I did it, made it through, and more than anything, the muscles in my foot felt sore from the bones and things articulating and spreading out on the rocks. I only noticed one "bruise" in my right foot the next day, where the previous pain was. I remember stepping on a particularly mean rock in that exact spot durring the race.

I took a week off running, and it felt better, but I ran with a shod guy, which pulled my form off a little and I think I must have been a little rougher with my landings than I should have been and I've stepped on a few sneaky rocks in the same spot a few times since. In response, it felt like I was walking on a marble. I've been iceing and massaging my feet to try and help. I ran Monday night, which actually felt better than walking. Then yesterday, while walking the halls in my VFFs(only thing I wear to work since they ixney'd the huaraches) focusing on flattening out my arch and walking more at the back of the ball of my feet, it seemed to lessen. It didn't pop like last time, but it feels different...better.

What could this be? I've tried taking time off running, but I get jittery and just gotta run before I loose my mind after 3-4 days. It actually feels better when I run...

Any ideas?

-Jonny

I've come to the conclusion

I've come to the conclusion that it's just a bruise. I may have been rubbing the fat pad in the ball of my foot back and forth as I ran AFTER I'd bruised it in my chip seal run. Landing on the ball of my foot closest to the arch, seemed to do the trick last night. When I would touch down more centered on the ball of my foot, the dull pain would return.

Gonna hit the treadmill today at lunch and lay off till my race Sunday.

-Jonny

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7