What can I eat?!?!?!?!

I bought one of his grills too. It's great, when I use it which is rarely. It's a pain to wash.

We had one of the other brand counter top electrics but yeah it was a bit of a pain to clean. We used that so much we wore the paint off the dials until we couldnt tell how long it was set for and just used a timer. But since I got my weber outside we trashed the electric - it was pretty old anyhow. Grill is hard to get clean too but atleast we can clean it where it sits and not trying to get it in the sink. I opted for the stainless steel grates just so its easier to clean. Got the metal brush and go to town on it instead of having to be really carefull not to damage non stick coating or porcelain. Just had rotisserie chicken yesterday. I've got it down pretty good - my 10mi loop around my house is perfect for a 6# bird on the rotisserie. Throw it on right before I leave, set the two outside burners to medium (for indirect heat) and its golden brown when I get back!

This is one of earliest identifications of me by friends as a barefooter (how's that for convoluted syntax?). I grill year round, out on the deck or patio in my bare feet (coming in for warm-ups as needed). As I like to say, "grilling season? There's ain't no stinkin' grillin' season!"

Nice! I don't do it barefoot though, I dont have a patio or anything its mainly gravel where my grill is at. I'd love someday to add on a deck or design a new house. It would be great to have like a built in grill area with some extra countertop and maybe a sink next to it and a small roof overhead for when its raining. Right next to the wood fired brick oven...

i think i just watched a morning show or something that featured a grill master. he uses an electric grill and said he will handily beat people who show up with $12000 bbq set ups. he said it's all about technique, not the equipment.

I don't know why you all are saying the foreman was so difficult to clean. turn to the sink and rinse. Teflon is so easy to clean but so bad for you.

i think i just watched a morning show or something that featured a grill master. he uses an electric grill and said he will handily beat people who show up with $12000 bbq set ups. he said it's all about technique, not the equipment.

I don't know why you all are saying the foreman was so difficult to clean. turn to the sink and rinse. Teflon is so easy to clean but so bad for you.

Besides the possible health risks of Teflon, the disposal of the grease can be messy and I try to get most of it off before going to the sink which means I have to put it in something, and take it out to the trash. I like to avoid the grease clogging my drains and not being good for my septic system. Also cleaning the drips and splatter off the housing while not being able to really put in under water because of the electrics.

I dont know what kind of 'electric grill' that grill master was using. And I am no master chef so my technique might be lacking, but I never came close with the electric compared to my grill. Ever try to put a whole chicken on an electric? Its a pain... and it never really cooks all the way through. Grill hands down. Also tough to do beer can chicken on the electric. Doubt my stainless steel pepper holder would fit for making jalepeno poppers. I can't do grilled pizzas on it either. Smoker chips dont work to well on an electric, well indoors anyhow. :p Plus just so much more you can do with the grill, sear on one side, indirect cook on the other, warming rack in the back... Cook a dozen burgers at once for a party (and a dozen sausages on the other side). But yeah for just regular stuff, chicken breast or hamburger perhaps, the electric we had was fine.

Nice! I don't do it barefoot though, I dont have a patio or anything its mainly gravel where my grill is at. I'd love someday to add on a deck or design a new house. It would be great to have like a built in grill area with some extra countertop and maybe a sink next to it and a small roof overhead for when its raining. Right next to the wood fired brick oven...
Yah, I'm lucky--right now where we live we have a deck right outside the kitchen's sliding glass door, so the grill is just a couple of steps outside. Even on the coldest day I usually have enough time to tend to the grill without getting my footsies too cold. It's also nice in warmer weather to eat out there without worrying about our toddler making a huge mess.

Reactions: Sid
I bought one of his grills too. It's great, when I use it which is rarely. It's a pain to wash.

That's why I shelled out the bucks for the removable plate design: http://www.target.com/p/george-foreman-5-serving-red-removeable-plate-36-grill/-/A-14078231

I actually got the one that supposedly holds six servings, and that works for a family of four (way undersized).
Pricey, but you literally snap off the grill plates and wash them in the sink, or if you are fancy, in your dishwasher (I believe, anyways, don't have a dishwasher myself).

That's the same one I got, Scedastic. Still a pain to me. I guess I'm just lazy. I hate to cook, although I do it, and sometimes (that's sometimes) I amaze my family how well I can do it.

I love my propane grill and its pretty easy to use but what I really want if I ever do a patio or get a new place is a fire pit (Spiessbraten?) also. A fellow I've chatted with on another forum I am on built this one with a rotating grate over it. Just slap your steak on it and give 'er a spin every now and then.
grill-shooter-9-11-2003-004-jpg.23028

Reactions: Sid and scedastic
Oh, I bet his wife is just happy about that.

Can't really make any recommendations. Cooking for a family sounds complicated, and I mostly fend for myself as my wife works evenings and doesn't cook anyway.

I do have lots of leafy and bright colored vegetables. I like the cruciferous ones.
I like meat fine, but I'm lazy and just get the oven roasted turkey breast from Costco. I suppose meat might be bad, but I have them with my cruciferous vegetables, and GI transit time seems normal.
Protein powder with cacao powder is great, but even NutraBio's powder gets boring more than a couple times a day. I do have some Dove dark chocolate on occasion.
I generally avoid fructose (controversial), but will have frozen organic berries from Costco.
For daytime, I'm lazy and don't have a lot of options, so I take a variety of healthier protein bars to work.
For ice cream cravings, a few squirts of low-fat Reddi-wip usually does the trick. This one vice is only about 200 cals per can.
Oh, and nuts, I snack on some nuts, cashews, almonds, pistachios.

As for Dr. Oz, he looks a bit gaunt and dusky. The goal of any tv show is to sell advertising. As for the fluff, if he kept it as simple as below, there really wouldn't be anything for him to talk about, would there?

"Adhering to 4 simple healthy lifestyle factors can have a strong impact on the prevention of chronic diseases."
Healthy Living Is the Best Revenge: Findings From the European Prospective Investigation Into Cancerand Nutrition–Potsdam Study

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts