Well, that's a fine How-do-you-do...

RunningPirate

Barefooters
Mar 23, 2012
Right, then…

So, I’m going backpacking in a few weeks and wanted to seam seal my tent (going to be in Santa Cruz Mts – never know what will happen, weather-wise). Where I currently live there is not a lot of space where I can set the tent up overnight. As it happens, I was asked to dog sit for a couple of friends this week while they are out of town. They have a backyard, so I figured I could set the tent up, seal the seams and leave it set up while the sealant dries and the vapors dissipate. Being a seemingly good idea, I did just that.

Yesterday, I go out to check on the tent and see that there’s some water on the bottom. Ahh – I had it set up next to the flower bed, so one of the sprinklers must have streamed in to the tent. No problem, I’ll just move it in to the garage so it can dry out.

Today, I go to check on the tent to see if it has dried out; it hasn’t. Also, there is now an awful smell in the garage. Hmm…something must have died in there. I go to move the tent and realize that that’s where the smell is coming from.

…I guess one (or both) of the dogs liked the tent so much they wanted to mark it as their own.

The glistening is that as the seams were sealed, they did a wonderful job of trapping any errant liquids inside the tent.

Looks like I’m going to need some vinegar or FeBreeze or something…

Moral of the Story: I can be dense, sometimes…

RP

Hahahahahahahaha! I think it's time to head to the Sports Authority and get a new tent and burn the old one.

Nice! Or maybe it the smell will keep other animals away when your camping =)
there's always a positive side!!;)

Hahahahahahahaha! I think it's time to head to the Sports Authority and get a new tent and burn the old one.

Very nice...laugh at my misfortune...hey! there's some lemon juice and salt around here, why don't you just go ahead and pour that into my wounds? :D

Though I'm getting that all might not be lost...apparently there are folks that have had tents p!ssed on/in before (not necessarily by animals, but that's another story) and they were able to get the smells to subside...

Worst case, a visit to The Crackhouse (REI to you non-addicts) may be in order...

On the topic of nature relieving itself on my stuff, I parked my truck under one of the trees here...a tree that is - apparently - populated by diarhetic cows, judging by the looks of things.

Oh, I'm just whistling a happy tune!

if you're running bf i'd say you're dense a lot of the time.;)

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts