Victoria Marathon - 2 down, 1 to go

Flintstone

Barefooters
Sep 20, 2010
Ran the Victoria Marathon on the 10th, a scant three weeks after Maui. Probably not as much time as needed for full recovery, as I ran out of gas around mile 18 and decided to back right off and keep it is enjoyable as I could. The weather was perfect, the organization very good. The route was very pleasant, and marred only by several long stretches of rough, exposed-aggregate asphalt.

For the first time in my nine years of bare footing, I met another kindred sole - Jerry Mesner, also doing the full marathon barefoot. Jerry has been doing it for years too and is also from Vancouver. We've done many of the same races, it seems, just never in the same year. Anyway, we've connected with the Facebook group that's trying to get bare footers to gather in vancouver for the marathon in may. Hopefully we'll have a bunch.

I've decided to go for the hat trick and do the Seattle marathon in November. Between now and then I have signed up for the James Cunningham Seawall race (9.5k) and the Fall Classic half marathon, which I'll treat as training runs. Let me know if anyone else is planning on showing for those.

The BRS is working to add

The BRS is working to add international chapters. Hopefully, the process won't take too long.

I got your "Shoes are for

I got your "Shoes are for girls!" Hee.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts