Very sharp groin pain

Spiderweb62

Barefooters
Jan 7, 2012
Maroubra NSW, Australia
Hi

I experienced very sharp groin pain for the past 3 days, trying to describe below how it happened

-I have now run 4 months pain free (legs, feet, etc) and increased my mileage by about 10-15% each month
-I always had a nagging strange feeling on my right leg, no pain, but sort of a strain on the outside of the ankle (just on top of the protruding bone
-The groin pain started with like a pinch, and could not move my legs forward. Stopping for a few seconds would make it completely disappear. That is what happened the first two days
-On the third day it was a bit more persistent, but still managed to make it disappear (by stopping and also controling my muscles and form)

I believe the pain is on the Adductor longus tendon, but not 100% sure, it could also be the pectineus
Since the pain completely disapeared after that, and I could finish my run without any problems,

I am a bit puzzled about what to do since I do not feel anything after (and during) the run, but it really only kicks in when I am warming up, any advice ?

You need to rethink this since the groin pain and that weird feeling is your core distorting, the side of groin pain is overstriding and you are under striding on the opposite side. Also, from what you are describing, you are likely cross patterned through your mid back and during the run, your hip is being pulled up and your it bands are also likely tight. My book, cheating Mother Nature can give you some better insight into this phenomenon however, I would recommend that you visit with a good sports chiropractor and have them evaluate you first hand. It can pay dividends. It may also be helpful to video yourself on a treadmil. You may be quite surprised at my evaluation and how it relates to what you see. Good luck.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7