uh oh

You folks realize that

You folks realize that because this jerkoff is in the news, it puts us other people who enjoy BFR and barefoot living in a bad light, right?

"Barefoot? Oh you're like that barefoot bandit kid then?" Uh no, I'm not some criminal, I have a family and real life to worry about.

I would say yes, then take

I would say yes, then take their purse / wallet and steal their car / truck.

Deep down we are all

Deep down we are all criminals. Shame on us for trying to put the shoe industry out of business. Shame on us for trying to starve the poor 12 year kids in sweat shops in 3rd world countries.

I disagree Triing.... I think

I disagree Triing.... I think most BFRs are helping these kids. Think about it, minimalist shoes contain less material, and therefore require less work to make. So these kids increase production 20 fold in the same amount of time. Combine the increased productivity with the still outragesouly high prices, and these poor kids might end up getting 13 cents an hour inatead of 12!!!!

And even though most of us claim to be Barefoot Runners, most of us have purchased at LEAST one pair of minimalist shoes, others have purchased enough minimalist shoes to put even Mariah Carey to shame....

Chaserwilliams wrote:And even

Chaserwilliams said:
And even though most of us claim to be Barefoot Runners, most of us have purchased at LEAST one pair of minimalist shoes, others have purchased enough minimalist shoes to put even Mariah Carey to shame....

Hahahaha! That's so freaking funny, I purchase more shoes now than I did before I started running barefoot. Now though, I am not content with my shoes like I used to be. I'm always searching for a shoe to fit the everyday role for me and so far, unfortunately, I can't seem to find one that is truly great. The Altra Adams are close, but not quite there for me.

its true, I dont like shoes

its true, I dont like shoes anymore, but I find myself looking for a better pair. I havent purchased any minimalist shoes... Yet. I do own a pair of VFF KSOs, but I didnt purchase them. Im thinking about buying some Merrells for everyday wear.

Chaser, try the Merrells on

Chaser, try the Merrells on before you purchase them. If you have a wide foot they may be really uncomfortable or painful. I can't wear them because they are so stinking tight on my feet even though they have a wide toebox. A wide toebox means nothing if the rest of the shoe is so tight that it hurts your feet. Anyhow, I digress, just wanted to give you a heads up Chaser.

Yeah, Ive read that before. I

Yeah, Ive read that before. I dont like making online purchases of things like that just for that reason.

Thanks for the heads up!

NickW wrote:If you have a

NickW said:
If you have a wide foot they may be really uncomfortable or painful. I can't wear them because they are so stinking tight on my feet even though they have a wide toebox. A wide toebox means nothing if the rest of the shoe is so tight that it hurts your feet.

There goes Nick describing my experience to a T! Oh, Em from Merrell got on Barefoot Ted's forum and told us that the Trail Glove will be released in widths in the spring. Depending on the demand other models could follow.

I also have a problem with

I also have a problem with the none supportive arch that is molded into the sole. That causes my arch a lot of pain too. Supposedly it's supposed to flex and not do anything supportive, so I wonder why it's even there??? All I know is that I can't wear shoes with arches without getting pain in my arches, and these do that exact thing to me. To me that is a sign that the arch is not as unsupportive as Merrell thinks.