Ugh the joys of this time of year!

otoole4info

Barefooters
Feb 3, 2013
Waverly, NY
Ugh.... The joys of winter. My goal this past week was to do a 35 minute barefoot or sock run. Temps haven't been too great here in upstate NY.

A few issues going on, some sort of stomach bug has been hampering my plans. I performed a little sliver dig out in the pad of my right foot Thursday, that's healed now.

I've learned via a BRS column I am pretty sure I have Morton's Toe and from the sounds of it, who doesn't. Blister on the left food behind the middle toe from a treadmill run 2 weeks ago is just about completely cleared up, just some outside dead skin left to come off.

My other minor area of concern on my right foot, pain (dull ache) in the area of the inner sesamoid (closer to the middle toe). Is it merely a bruise, still present even well after a week of not running, is it a broken up once fused area that has now become operational again since ditching the running shoes, or is it running form related (last run I did was in socks due to cold temps and afterward that area was the only area to have developed a hole in the stock)?

Really want to get that 35 minute run in or even any run even if its less than 35 minutes. The lasted winter storm Nemo has made things a little sloppy outside as well. Granted here we were not hit like those of you to the east, I hope things clear up quickly for those of you on the NE coastal states.

A winter storm called Nemo, all I could think of was a little orange fish swimming through a blizzard.

Ok I'm rambling now so I'll stop, any ideas, thoughts or comments appreciated.

Kevin

An update..... The stomach bug, a head cold, the snow, wet roads and not getting my 35 minute run in the past week motivated me (motivated-my definition, pissed off at self). I got my 35 in, actually 36:07 and managed a 3.55 in mileage on the lovely Dreadmill (I mean treadmill).

Still have a mild dull (I want to call it an ache, but it's not even that) on my right foot. I'm hoping it's just a conditioning thing as I progress in my barefoot running.

No I wouldn't claim this as a completely barefoot run, I wore a pair of socks. Last time I ran the dreadmill barefoot I developed a nasty blister. Managed to avoid blisters this time around, I thought I felt a blister coming on at the end of the run and put my feet in ice cold water at the end. Could that have stopped the blister from further developing?

Looking for any insight on the "mild dull (I want to call it an ache, but it's not even that) on my right foot" - from anyone.

Hey, we'll take motivation anyway we can get it. ;)

Hmmmm, so the ice put out the fire. That's a new technique.

Reactions: otoole4info
Okay, you stop liking what I'm-a posting until after I've-a finished posting it. Hee.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon