Ugh, I just broke down and bought a pair of VFF Bikila LS

Ya, and I knew that already

Ya, and I knew that already too Gentile, but this was a new model that felt like it fit (never had a model fit right before) so I had to try it... Sometimes I have to learn things the hard way. Oh well. I guess I will just stick with huaraches when I need footwear.

Ya, but I still felt like a

Ya, but I still felt like a total putz for having to return them when I should have known from the very start they would hurt me like all the other models of vff's do. Oh well, I just ordered a new pair of Luna Sandals yesterday, The ATS model, so hopefully they will work for me. Usually I just use my homemade huaraches but with winter here the area I run in gets flooded a lot and then drains and then floods again and so on and so forth. This leaves a lot of slick silt all over the pathway and I need something with tread that that has a non slip upper on it. My homemade huaraches are nice and comfy but suck when it gets slick or really wet out so hopefully these will be ok despite their thickness. I can get over that though if they work for what I need (don't really care to land on my side again on the paved path, ouch!).

For those of you with shoes

For those of you with shoes to sell, you can also sell them on the birthdayshoes.com forum. You have to register first before the for sale thread shows up.

My wife gave me a pair of

My wife gave me a pair of Bikila LS for Christmas, and I was able to run for the first time since November. We had snow, followed by rain, followed by a hard freeze. I ran for about 30 minutes with the dog on trails through the woods and the Bikila's performed really well. Temps in the 20's. It was icey, slow going, and I only fell once - right on my ass. Although, I was uncertain about the added heft of the Bikila's sole, I was happy to have it (my feet are a little bruised anyway). They offered better traction than the Classic or KSO would have in tough conditions. I will get something lighter for the warmer months, but these are my new winter trainers.

I have wide toes too and

I have wide toes too and wished I had tried on the bikila LS - I just bought new VFFS. My heel always came out too. When I went down one size I no longer get blisters and my heel stays in, but indeed, I get TOFP - but it's only on my left foot. However, I have only ran in them a few times and each time I have ran in them, they stretch a little more and a little more and that pain gets less and less. In fact, yesterday was only the 3rd or 4th time I've worn them, and I didn't have that pain yesterday. It never dawned on me to ask the sales person what was the deal with the LS version. Oh well. But going down a size was extremely helpful. Plus the excess on the toes were way too long in the other one. Apparently I have shorter than normal toes as well. Even going one size down, I still have excess room above my toes, but it's a lot less than it was before. And VFFs are addictive. I have to force myself to not wear them when the weather and trails are decent.

CF, did you wear wool

CF, did you wear wool five-toed socks with them? If not, you might consider it if you have room in the shoe to help keep your toes warmer.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon