Training Between Marathons - 15 days, Advice?

BrunoRuns

Barefooters
Jun 5, 2010
This fall, I will be running 2 Marathons with 15 days in between. Baltimore on Saturday, October 15th, and Marine Corps on Sunday, October 30th. I wanted to know if anyone had advice on what to do between. I usually rest for for the first week with a few 1 mile SLOW runs and walks to loosen up. I've heard that people do a bit of Leg work and very short runs just to stay loose. At Baltimore I am planning on running slow and steady while trying my best to BF PR and PR in DC. Thanks in advance for any advice!

Part of my ultra training

Part of my ultra training routine is ocasional back to back long runs on the weekends. I usually do 20 to 30 miles on Saturday, followed by 18 to 25 on Sunday. Try an ice bath after the first one. It will really speed recovery and help shorten the rest you need before running feels good again. Then, just listen to your body. Don't push too hard or too soon after the first one. With only two weeks in between, there really is not much to be gained as far as conditioning goes. Keep your runs shorter, and do workouts that build confidence. Do your favorite, feel good runs to help keep your mind fresh.

Good Luck!

I once did a Half Ironman

I once did a Half Ironman then two weeks later ran a marathon.

I was ready for a full marathon before the 1/2 Ironman. After the TRI I did active recovery, swimming, light biking, short runs the first week. Did one long run between the races but had muscle fatigue and should have keep the long run to 20k. Had a Pysio give me a massage and the OK for the marathon.

I PRed the marathon. I atribute that to the cross training which allows for high volume but recovery between specific sports.

Good luck!

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7