Today's Random Thought...

RunningPirate

Barefooters
Mar 23, 2012
OK, so you know George Carlin's Seven Words You Can Never Say on the Air? Well as it so happens, those very same words do not belong in a love song, either. So, if you're writing a love song you can just leave those words right out. (I'm looking at you, Lomad)

RP

Reactions: scedastic
Ahh...very good; I think they played that at my friends wedding during the Bride and Groom dance. I, however, was more subtle (and country) going along with Jimmy Buffett's "Why Don't We Get Drunk and Screw", which is a love song of sorts...

I don't suppose the Dead Kennedys "Too drunk to F***" counts as a love song?
Sure it is, it's about snuggling, right?

Random occurrence: Last night our cat Chewbacca brought a mouse to the door. He was playing with it rather than eating it, so I shooed him off and picked up the mouse to toss him over the fence. The ungrateful thing bit me! So I threw him out in the yard and told him he was on his own.

Random occurrence: Last night our cat Chewbacca brought a mouse to the door. He was playing with it rather than eating it, so I shooed him off and picked up the mouse to toss him over the fence. The ungrateful thing bit me! So I threw him out in the yard and told him he was on his own.

Very good pick up! "Look, he's playing with the mouse! BullS*&t - the mouse doesn't feel that way..." --George Carlin--

I don't suppose the Dead Kennedys "Too drunk to F***" counts as a love song?

Sure, if you love whiskey...uh...whiskey...Richard! Yes, it count's if you love whiskey "richard"

[NOTE to those that don't get subtlety, "richard" is a euphemism]

The Kennedys worked for me, still have the album on vinyl somewhere. I once seduced a fair maiden with the songs lyrical charms and the offer of a skin full of beer, pure poetry it was until i indeed got too drunk and passed out on the kitchen floor;)

Skin full of beer? Uh...what did you pour the beer in to and were you trying to seduce her with that?

Skin full of beer? Uh...what did you pour the beer in to and were you trying to seduce her with that?

Skin full, pronounced skin-ful, informal meaning, get drunk. The origins were probably derived from when we used to carry liquid in sheep's bladders. I thought pirates knew all things relating to debauchery, skullduggery, swagger and the wooing of a fine buxom wench with copious amounts of rum and the promise of doubloons in the hope to shiver-yer-timbers at the end of it;)

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7