Tjena from Knivsta (nearish to Stockholm), Sweden.

Mike Thorpe

Barefooters
May 22, 2018
Knivsta, Sweden
Hey everyone,

Quick hi and mini introduction from a minimalist (at the moment, mixed in with barefoot when I can) runner. The dream is to run a marathon and beyond barefoot. I've done 6 marathons and 1 ultra (60 km) in the thinnest five fingers I could find (El-x) and love it. Similar to others I wasn't a runner but 'started' back in 2007, with knee problems especially (I didn't look at technique etc then, so not just the shoes fault!). I transitioned for a bit and really went to five fingers in 2012 and then its been great since then really. I've entered this years 'Ultravasan' in Sweden, which is the same course as our fairly 'famous' Vasaloppet (a cross-country skiing event), which is 90 km of mostly forrest trails.

I manage to do 5 km barefoot runs in the summer, and it might be an excuse but its a little tricky with gravel and snow in the winter, at least perhaps I need someone to just tell me it's mind over matter. But I love the feeling ('even' in five fingers) and will carry on working towards my goals.

If there's anyone in the Stockholm/Uppsala area that wants to run, feel free to contact me!

Welcome here, Mike. :barefoot:

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7