The "Run Free" Newsletter

lapoianavecchia

I can't believe that I'm the first to comment on the Introduction issue of Run Free but I can't see another thread elsewere so......

Very well done to all involved, I enjoyed reading the "who's who" etc. Having made such a great start you'll have your work cut out to maintain such a high standard though!!

Thanks to all of you for the time and effort that you put in to producing Run Free and the BRS site in general. You are officially presented with the lapoianavecchia "Jolly Good Show" award.....OK, so that may not translate so well into American English but, believe me, praise doesn't come much higher!

Jolly good show brought a

Jolly good show brought a smile to my face. Thank you for the compliments. We have a great issue in mind for the next one in about a couple of months. Stay tuned.

I completely agree Vecchia

I completely agree Vecchia (that's one hell of a sn, care to translate it for us?)

The newsletter is yet another awesome resource the BRS is providing the public of barefooters. I look forward to reading more! Thanks again all of you who put your blood and sweat into the barefoot movement the BRS is :)

By the way, "Vecchia" just

By the way, "Vecchia" just means old.......so thanks for that Kathryn!!! But since Italian and Spanish are rather similar perhaps you already knew that.....

I am more usually known as

I am more usually known as "The Old Buzzard" hence my avitar. "La Poiana Vecchia" is simply The Old Buzzard in italiano......

The nick name comes from my love of a particularly fine English ale brewed in the village of Wiveliscombe in Somersetshire called......"Old Buzzard" !! Whenever Old Buzzard was being served in my local hostelry that is what I would have, and so when I first appeared through the door the landlady would look up and say "Old Buzzard?" and so I started being refered to as Old Buzzard.

I started learning Italian some time ago and discovered that TOB was La Poiana Vecchia in italiano...which I rather liked and hence.....

LOL Buzzard, gotchya or

LOL Buzzard, gotchya or should I say Poiana ;) And yes, viejo in spanish = vecchia = old haha (didn't mean anything by it, it was jut the first word I picked up out of your sn for some reason)

Thanks for the history of your sn, can't say that I've ever tried Old Buzzard Ale though I'm a fan of good imports I'll have to look for that one. That'excellent that you have learned Italian, that is one of my goals...to learn it. I think it's a beautiful language :)

To say that I've "learned"

To say that I've "learned" italiano would be pushing it a bit BZ, let's just say that it's a work in progress! It is a beautiful language though.....as are the motorbikes, women, wine, food, country and cars. Probably just about in that order too!!

And it's OK, I realise you didn't really mean it....however, I am afeared that the emphasis probably should be on vecchia nowadays!

I'm with LPV (TOB) on this

I'm with LPV (TOB) on this one. Well done and a hearty high-five for the newsletter and the site. As much as I loved my experience on the "forum that shall not be named" last summer, I feel this is a vastly improved venue for the exchange of ideas, support, and motivation. Thanks!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7