the "Library" section is up

Hey there, working under TJ's direction, I've just finished a revamp of the nascent "Library" feature of the BRS site. It's a multipage guide starting at this url: http://www.barefootrunners.org/build2/story/barefoot-running-library .

The idea is it contains a relatively comprehensive library of info about barefoot running, but with some direction and editing for the newbie. The way I've executed it is to put an essay with my personal suggested reading on the first page, but then provide sub-pages for more exhaustive lists of 1) how-to guides and videos, 2) academic research, and 3) press coverage.

I've received a lot of suggestions for material to include and I'm still working on getting it all in. For example there's a big list on "the other forum": http://www.runnersworld.com/community/forums/runner-communities/barefoot-running/barefoot-minimalist-shoe-resources-research-articles-videos-websites that I'm slowly working in.

The easiest way to suggest new additions would be to leave a comment on one of those library pages itself.

Enjoy, stomper.

thank you for working on this

thank you for working on this Stomper, you did a nice job. I look forward to tooling around in the library, do you have a spot where we can put in information, links etc for you to add to the library over time?

barefoot.zumba.runner

barefoot.zumba.runner said:
do you have a spot where we can put in information, links etc for you to add to the library over time?

easiest thing would be to just leave a comment on the appropriate page. if there is no appropriate page, pm perhaps? thx.

Hi there, thank you for

Hi there, thank you for taking up this torch! Those Le Corre videos get me every time.

Any thought to creating the library in a Wiki format? I bet there are many who would contribute great info to the knowledge base.

pelotas afuera wrote:Any

pelotas afuera said:
Any thought to creating the library in a Wiki format? I bet there are many who would contribute great info to the knowledge base.

Interesting idea... TJ, Cameron, would that be possible using the system we're on?

To be honest, I don't have

To be honest, I don't have the energy or the time; I am completely swamped running things here at the BRS. I recognize it would be an incredible resource, however. You would basically have to port (copy) the data you have generated here to Wikipedia. I'm supposed to talk to Cameron today. I'll see if he's wiki savvy and let you know.

I see the link, but I don't

I see the link, but I don't know where this is and I can't find it on the homepage. Maybe a sticky (i don't like sticky's)?

how does a newb navagate to the lieberry?

oh, very nice btw=)

TJ, I wouldn't say that

TJ, I wouldn't say that wiki-fying it is a big priority right now. But for the long term it's an idea. In the meantime people can just send some comments to me.

When Stomper has finished the

When Stomper has finished the majority of the Library, we are going to make a tab for it at the top.

The Library tab is up in case

The Library tab is up in case you all may not have noticed. Please check it out and contribute to it by recommending resources we can link to for more info either by adding a post to the main page or by PMing Stomper with your info.

I just want to thank you so much for getting this Library up and running for us, Stomper. Just another one of the many wishes I've had coming true. We appreciate all your time and hard work on this, Stomper!

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7