The Evesham Ultra

Yep I rented a car and making the trip. Figure it'll be nice, cold and rainy that time of the year. thinking it might be a decent prep run for the r2r2r.

Ok I'll be on the lookout. Do you have any recomendations on where to stay, and more importantly where to drink? They recomend the Northwick and theres the Evesham hotel pretty close too. Cost doesn't really matter.

Thanks for the info, I'm flying completely blind here.

Will do, I am actually looking forward to not having any plans. I'll try to post a race report with some pics after the race.
The Cotswold area was my second day out (Oxford to Stow-on-the-Wold) on my two-year bike trip--pretty area but my thighs were burning on the hills! It was in April too, 1992. Have fun. I expect at least two sentences in your report and look forward to some pics.

I highly recommend visiting Bibury (it's about an hours drive from Evesham, also in the Cotswolds) if you get the chance. Google it, it's quite stunning. There's a trout farm there too; when i went all the pubs served Fresh grilled trout with almonds, if that's your bag.

As promised, but a couple of notes before I start, the Evesham Ultra was a blast and one of the most beautiful areas I have run. The RD designed it as a scenic run and the route was great. You essentially started in Evesham and ran a large circle around the town and then ended back in town 45 miles later. There were 7 hills you had to summit and between each one was typically a very quaint english village. It was a perfect way to sight see in Engalnd if you are a runner. It may take me a bit to get them all uploaded.

Alright this isn't working go here if you want to see some pics.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/95362987@N02

There's a lot more to see, this is a very general selection. The race was bascially 50% running through pastures, and the rest running up trails or through towns. Because of the pasture running you had to constantly jump over through fares in the fences. It was definitely not a fast race. I just plugged onward and felt great most of the time, other than eating the nasty ass black currant gels they sell over there, nasty.

I am officially an cask ale convert, warmer, lower alcohol, non-carbonated beer is amazingly refreshing after a race. And fits in perfectly at a local pub.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts