Terra Planna VIVOBAREFOOT Ultra

sole_foot

http://www.vivobarefoot.com/us/mens/ultra-m-17.html/

Very disappointed in the company not the shoes per say. [lang="en"]In a little over a month and 150 miles later I am already wearing through to the insole of the shoe. [/lang][lang="en"]What is even more disappointing is their customer service. [/lang][lang="en"]I was told to email vivo-barefoot ecommerce a detailed account of my issues with photo's which I did with no response. [/lang][lang="en"]After a week I contacted Terra Planna explaining the situation with again no response. [/lang][lang="en"]They either have too much business or they are hoping if they ignore me I will go away! [/lang][lang="en"]I loved the product for road running and one of the most comfortable with excellent road feel minimalists shoes I have worn to date. [/lang][lang="en"]These were not used daily and I alternated using them with my TG's,Panka's, and BFR depending on surface conditions. [/lang][lang="en"]What a shame! [/lang][lang="en"]Stuff like this leaves a real bad taste in your mouth and really makes you question whether you want to do business with a company like this anymore! [/lang]

That is a shame.  Did you try

That is a shame. Did you try calling them on the phone?

My mom had a similar

My mom had a similar experience of no-response from VivoBarefoot customer service when she needed to exchange a pair of Alexanders that didn't match the sizing scheme which was on the VB website. She ended up placing a new order and paying shipping for a pair in the next size. Then she paid to ship the bad ones back. So she got no customer service and had to pay shipping three times just to get the shoes she originally intended to get.

As for the shoes in the

As for the shoes in the thread subject line, I have this impression from what I've seen online:

1. Great concept.

2. Great styling (red athletic shoes kick ass).

3. Unfortunately it follows the same bad toebox shape that conventional shoes have (bends the big toe inward ).

So if they just changed the toebox so that the big toe could be straight (or even better - allow it to splay), I'd probably try a pair.

TJ, Started the whole process

TJ, Started the whole process with a phone call to customer service in NY to a very nice representative which directed me to email [email protected]. After no reply I emailed Terra Planna. This old dog will not lay down and go away until I get some sort of reply from the manufacturer whether I like it or not. This was not a fluke. I ordered two pairs one for myself and one for my daughter. She is experiencing the same issues.

Nyah, This model has plenty of room for toe splay with the insert removed. I had a run last week over 33 miles in them. My longest single run since 2009. In the past in the later stages of these types of runs when my feet would swell I would have issues with pain on my outside toes in shoes. I did not experience this at all in these.

I have run 136 miles over the last 2 weeks. If I ran in these every day I would have to replace a pair every 2.5 weeks. Ridiculous! Makes you want to go out and buy a pair of EVO II's for winter running. Not!

From what I can tell this is

From what I can tell this is a common problem. If you need to do a return, etc and want to communicate with someone for online orders. Your order comes with a sheet for contact info for the warehouse. I had the same problem in calling with no return phone call after I left a message. Also email replies pass with no response.

I have two vivo products. Above was my most recent experience with them back in the winter. My plan is to not do much business with them if possible. Vivo direct is fine if you don't need to speak with someone, but if you wany customer support it is very weak.

I have found numerous other places exist to buy vivo products. Some are even discounted like ebay, or sierra trading post. Also at regular price zappos now even sells vivo. In any case most other retailers will have much better customer service.

The good news is more options exist on the market so you can often look elsewhere for shoes.

I've emailed vivo numerous times with even just general questions. I don't think I have ever gotten any response. It is surely a company weak point !

Kind of a love/hate relationship I've formed with that company.

If the Ultra had plenty of

If the Ultra had plenty of room splaying the big toe, it wouldn't look like this:

If you removed the insole, the foundation of the shoe wouldn't change, the toebox would still force the big toe inward. In order for the foot to start having room for splaying the big toe (and that's the crucial one for affecting balance, which is why tabies have the gap between the big toe and the 2nd toe), the toe section would have to be wider than the ball-of-foot section.

For full size images of the shoe, click here and here.

Nyah it has plenty of room

Nyah it has plenty of room for toe splay with the insert removed regardless of the picture you posted. As I indicated in my post I have to have a roomy toe box in anything that I wear or I experience pretty severe pain on my outside toes on each foot.

I finally got this reply from customer service.

Hi,

Thank you for your email and we are sorry to hear about the possible defective issue. If

possible, please email us 3-4 detailed images of the possible defective area and provide

us with original order number. Once we receive, we will then forward this to our

Qualities Control Manager for review. Once reviewed, which should take about 3-4 business

days, we will then email you back with instructions on how to move forward. Please be

advised, if the item was purchased through a different retailer other than Terra

Plana-VIVOBAREFOOT, one must contact original retailer for possible defective inquiries.

We apologize for the inconvenience. We hope this was helpful and if you have any

additional questions, please feel free to email us back or give us a call. Have a good

day!

Kind Regards,

Ecommerce USA Team

254 Elizabeth Street

New York, NY 10012

T: 212.274.9000 ext. 2

F: 212.274.9998

I have contacted the online retailer I purchsed them through and they have agreed to replace both pairs or give me a coupon in the amount of the purchase and apoligized for any inconvenience. Great customer service I just hope they do not get stuck for the cost of the manufacturer's poor design. Terra Planna/VIVOBAREFOOT customer support could learn something from this online retailer! Do not tell me by now TP is not aware of the durability issue of these shoes but they are still pushing them out to the consumer direct and through various retailers. Makes me question there business practices and ethics. I really did like the shoe though.

I disliked my Ultras and gave

I disliked my Ultras and gave them to a friend almost immediately after receiving them. I've also heard many reports from folks that they wear out after only a few hundred miles (or less...one guy said his wore a hole in them within a WEEK!) because they use all EVA rubber on the outsole.

But I've had similar issues with VIVOBAREFOOT customer service as well. I ordered a pair of their Ra shoes, and they charged me twice and sent me two pairs. I returned one in April, and I have yet to receive a refund. Getting a hold of a live person to talk about the issue is like trying to find a leprechaun or other mythical creature.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7