Tennis

Acuah plays tennis barefoot and has been for years. He'll probably chime in soon.

So cool that you corrected my mispelling of your name in the quote. We can do that?

I've been thinking about playing some tennis this summer BF as it would seem like it may be good for strenghthening the muscle in the legs and around the knees.

Just be aware that tennis is going to be putting different stress on your feet than running does. When running the emphasis is on pressure, and putting your feet down gently. Most of the stress is just in up/down motion. In tennis, you are cutting a lot and changing directions, which is putting a skew force on your pads. If all you have been doing barefoot is running, they may not be adequately prepared for that.

In my case, I'd done a lot of barefoot hiking before I started playing tennis barefoot, so that may have prepared me better.

Also be aware that running (or hiking) on most surfaces stimulate the sole to build up tissue; tennis, however, tends to sand it off, so I sometimes get into a struggle between enough hiking to add skin and tennis that removes it.

Just be aware that tennis is going to be putting different stress on your feet than running does. When running the emphasis is on pressure, and putting your feet down gently. Most of the stress is just in up/down motion. In tennis, you are cutting a lot and changing directions, which is putting a skew force on your pads. If all you have been doing barefoot is running, they may not be adequately prepared for that.

In my case, I'd done a lot of barefoot hiking before I started playing tennis barefoot, so that may have prepared me better.

Also be aware that running (or hiking) on most surfaces stimulate the sole to build up tissue; tennis, however, tends to sand it off, so I sometimes get into a struggle between enough hiking to add skin and tennis that removes it.

I was wondering about that and had been thinking that I'll have to take it easy starting out. Probably be in slow motion and miss most of the balls on my side of the court. :) I have been doing some hill climbing barefoot up and down a local hill here in town but need to do much more. Been wanting to do some training for that climb up Harney Peak, SD late this fall but so far the weather here has not been to cooperative and looks like winter will be back the next couple of days again.

I used to play Volleyball barefooted but the court gets too crowded and my playmates wheren't playing at their full potential because they were afraid to step on my toes so I play in the Wave Universe shoes, well used to anyways I am not playing right now and I highly doubt it I'll be playing anytime soon.

Maybe you should just switch to beach volleyball instead. If you make the Olympics you'll get much more television coverage than indoor shod volleyball ever would.

Reactions: Barefoot Dama
Maybe you should just switch to beach volleyball instead. If you make the Olympics you'll get much more television coverage than indoor shod volleyball ever would.

Too late! I am freshly retired from the sport:D

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts