T-Shirt exchange

The Ramzev

Chapter Presidents
Jun 14, 2010
Milford, DE
OK, I've been thinking about this for a while but I'm not sure if I ever actually ever posted about it here or RWOL so here's my idea...

I have almost 100 tshirts from races I've done. At first it was like a badge of honor, I wore my shirts proudly, but that's all but worn off and now it's more like just a collection. So, what if when you ran a race you sent the shirt to someone in another part of the country (or even world) in exchange for a shirt from their race?

Here's my thought on how it would work, when you're going to register, post here that you are racing on xx/xx, someone else who is racing at close to the same time (so you're not waiting 4 months for a shirt) responds. The initiator would have the option to choose the offer that want if there are multiples.

I think that as much info about the shirt that is known should be posted. We all know that shirts for races can change year to year, sometimes long sleve, sometimes tech shirts, etc. If the info known is posted and the shirt is different you should still accept it to be fair.

Once you decide, you'll need to exchange tshirt sizes so you register with the right size for the person you are sending it to.

Addresses can be PM'd for shipment.

For example: I am running a race on 11/27 called "The Reindeer Stampeed" the past 3 years they have been long sleeved tee's. If anyone is running the same weekend or close, and is willing to swap shirts, let me know and I'll register with your t-shirt size.

Make sense? Sound like something you'd participate in? I like the international flavor we have here, it would be cool to get shirts from around the world.

Thoughts? recommendations?

How 'bout launching a

How 'bout launching a campaign to let race directors know that the last thing even a relatively new runner needs any more of is T-shirts!

I was thrilled to get a knit hat instead at a race last month.

There's tons of other things that could replace the ubiquitous shirt.

I kinda like getting shirts,

I kinda like getting shirts, it's something you can use lots of. Personally, I'd rather have a bunch of tshirts then a bunch of hats or glasses.

Anyway...back to the originsl post...

waaaait, does the glass come

waaaait, does the glass come with beer though? :drunk: that might be the deal breaker

Ram, I like the idea. But I

Ram, I like the idea. But I also agree that races should think about unique and useful give aways like the aforementioned wooly hat, pint glass (full of beer) or maybe a bottle of wine, signature body glide, or Road ID!!! [class="Apple-style-span"] [/class]

I think they should have a

I think they should have a display, so we can pick what item we want. You just go up to the booth, see all the wares, and say, "Gimme that one." Sorry, Ram. I had to chime in. Besides, I'm not sure I want your old sweaty tee shirt. Hee.

Yeah, sweaty and stinky too

Yeah, sweaty and stinky too no doubt :eek:

L O V E the avatar, Josh!!!! 

L O V E the avatar, Josh!!!! That must be at the Nike Campus, right?

It's a brand new shirt, right

It's a brand new shirt, right from the race. How would it be sweaty.

I think this is a good idea, maybe I can get some takers at RWOL.

Just Joshin' Ram.

Just Joshin' Ram. :D

Haha, yeah TJ that was a

Haha, yeah TJ that was a couple weeks ago when rdwhitaker and I ran around the campus.

We're just messing with you,

We're just messing with you, Ram.

I've actually started to see

I've actually started to see races give out better swag, like tech t-shirts. The good fall and winter races in MN are giving out thermal baselayers. You can never get enough of that stuff.

I know I'm off topic, but so is everyone else. Ram, I like your idea, except that people always ask me about the race on my shirt...and I would feel lame telling them that I got my shirt from you. ;)

I need a tee shirt that says,

I need a tee shirt that says, "My friend Ram ran Boston, and all I got was this dumb tee shirt!" Again, Ram, just teasing.

TJ, If I ever run Boston

TJ, If I ever run Boston you'll get a shirt.

Hey Say, If you tell people it's a shirt from me they'll want your autograph. Anyone that knows me MUST be awesome.

I also think it would be nice to have some races give out different items, but if you're doing 20+ races a year, there's not many other things I can think of that i could use 20 of, except beer.