stone bruises

pattymlt

Barefooters
Jun 26, 2010
I got a stone bruise a couple of months ago, and it took forever to heal! Each time I thought it was better, I'd go running and then it would swell again! The pain wasn't too bad, but it felt like there was a piece of gum in the ball of my foot.

I massaged alot, took anti-inflammatories, and stayed off as much as I could. Finally, today, I ran 3 miles barefoot. Yay!

How do I prevent another stone bruise? I got that one by not paying attention and hit a little rock dead on and reacted too late. It was really early in the morning and I wasn't fully awake while running. Now, I'm fully engaged all the time. Can I ever relax? Do reflexes improve? I've been noticing that when I hit rocks now, I recoil faster; is this part of it? I'd hate to go through that again. The recovery took longer than I'd like.

you'll continue to get to a

you'll continue to get to a point where missing things becomes second nature but you still have to stay vigilant when you run. you're always going to be at risk of stepping on something but that's the trade off for barefoot running joys. just keep your eyes and mind on the path and you should be ok

I'd say yes you can learn to

I'd say yes you can learn to relax. I have become much better however I never let my guard down especially if I am on a trail. Having a bruise like that on the foot can take a week to heel. Taking anti inflamatories for it might actually delay the heeling especially if you run becasue most anti-inflammatories promote bleeding and hinder clotting. Something to think about.

Reflexes will get better over time. I have noticed that when I hit something foreign under my foot I react almost instantly to it and change foot position. Every once in a while I get a surprise and a nice bruise or like last night a small piece of glass.

where did I post about

where did I post about rubbing out bruises? that will help the healing....but I don't want to re-type it...

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7