Barefoot TJ

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 5, 2010
From Andrew at STEM LEMING™:

Name Change!

LEMING_Label.png

Stem is now Leming™ Footwear​

On March 1st we are officially changing our name from Stem Footwear to Leming™ Footwear. In order to grow our brand for the future we have decided a complete re-branding is necessary. Our shoes and company will stay the same. They will merely have a new label. In November 2011 we encountered trouble with our trademark for 'Stem'. We decided to drop the use of Stem and adopt a new brand.

After several months of creation and hundereds of names throw out, there was one name that stuck, Leming™. It was nearly thrown away numerous times because of it's relation to the infamous cliff diving animal. However, there was something intriguing about Leming™. The animals themselves represent an abnormal action. It defies existance. We as a company will continue to make products that stand alone and provide an "experience outside the norm™"

Man I dunno about that. Usually a lemming has a negative connotation. "doing the same as all the rest" an such. That is NOT what this company is doing so why make it sound like they are? Hope this doesn't negatively impact the company.

It's Leming, not Lemming. I couldn't find any definitions on Leming, and when I tried, the dictionaries and returns came back Lemming. I hope he doesn't have a typo in that.

This is the stupidest name change I have heard in a long time. Even if they change the spelling from "lemming" to "leming" - it still sounds the same, so when you're talking about "Leming" everyone hears "lemming" which is bad. With so many people saying that barefoot and minimalist running is a fad, the last shoes I want to wear are the ones who's name implies someone who blindly follows trend. I posted something like this on their Facebook page- its just bad. Someone pointed out that "Leming" is not spelled the same way, to which I replied, "its not how its spelled, its how it sounds. Same reason you wouldn't call the shoes 'Phuckers'."

I have a pair of Stems and I LOVE LOVE LOVE them... but I predict that this re-branding could be their death knell.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7