Started out as one of the best run of my life, then.....

Wow, I missed this when it

Wow, I missed this when it happened. I'm so sorry, Lava!! I hope it heals faster than expected.

Thanks everyoneBeth, if you

Thanks everyone

Beth, if you go to the front page there is my very long Annapolis 10 miler report. I injured myself in the race.

I hope, I really am going

I hope, I really am going crazy.

today was a crappy day, more pain than before. Doing to much and need a long rest.

Hola all!Well 3 weeks and 3

Hola all!

Well 3 weeks and 3 days in and I thought I'd give you all an update. Monday I saw the PT and she started me doing some stretching. Wasn't real excited about that since it really felt bad. Yesterday I saw the Doc and he said he reviewed my xray and thinks I have a small crack on a Bone Spur on the heel where the Achilles attaches. I am not convinced since there is no real pain there. Good news though, I get to take the boot off and start walking on the foot. Bad news, it hurts like a beeatch! He said it would hurt and swell a little and I should Ice massage it 3-5 times a day with a frozen dixie cup of ice. Cute little irony there since it was a dixie cup that did this too me. I said it hurt and the Doc told me to suck it up. ;)

So I am walking and if I am lucky in three weeks i might get to start a slow come back. Right now I really don't see that happening but the body does heal fast. In 4 weeks I will be in Kona for a nice deserved vacation and some maintenance on the house. I really hope to get in a few short runs by then and do some Island Running. That would be awesome!

The irony with the Dixie

The irony with the Dixie cup. Coming back to bite you in the...foot. I see. Maybe you could sue the Dixie cup company for making you fall like that on their slippery product. Teasing!

Lava -  It's good to see that

Lava - It's good to see that you are on the mend. The Doc needling you like that is probably a good sign.

Hopefully your road to full recovery will be a short one.... barefoot friendly and dixie cup free. :)

Take care.

S. Pimp.

Well I'd say I am officially

Well I'd say I am officially back running. I have run 3 of the past 4 days albeit wearing VFFs for a little added sole protection. Roads here in Hawaii during the day are like fire. I got some blisters walking on the asphalt a couple of weeks ago.

First day I ran 2 miles and walked 1 mile not in that order. Second day I ran 3.5 and walked about 1.5, then I took a day off to rest the Achilles and today I ran 3 but it started aching a little so I stopped, walked home and iced it good. On top of all this I am walking about 5 miles or more a day and have done some pretty awesome hikes. about 1/2 the hiking and walking is BF.

I'd say I am on the rebound and over all I feel really good. I have decided that recovery in Hawaii from Injuries is more efficient. even if it is not, it sure sounds better.

Yeah!  Welcome back, Lava!

Yeah! Welcome back, Lava!

Yeah, Lava! Congrats! Glad

Yeah, Lava! Congrats! Glad you're back. :)

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts