Sore 4th and 5th metatarsals

I removed some dead skin on my left foot, and got a little too much creating an open would. I treated it, but kept opening it so I finally put some super glue on it to close it. Well everything was going fine, it healed up just fine, but lately when I run on it it feels like I have a bruise on the outer two metatarsals on the ball. Not so bad on the flat, but if I step on a rock or anything I cringe. It is really sore to walk on etc, and I have been in my brancas for 2 weeks now trying to get it healed.

Any input?

So right where you are now having the pain is where you removed a chunk of dead skin? If so, it seems that skin was actually there to protect you. Maybe it will take time to thicken the skin there again.

Well assuming the skin issue isn't somehow doing it, it sounds like a stress reaction. The thing that happens right before a stress fracture. Mine felt like a horrible horrible bruise and was sensitive to pressure. I could run on it though if I wanted to make it worse. It takes about a month to heal. I did test runs about once a week of a couple miles to see if it was healed, in hindsight that was stupid. If that is what it is and you push it it turns into a stress fracture. I think are closer to 6-8 weeks or something. I can't remember the timing on it. Just be careful if that might be what it is. Mine was in the 2nd metatarsal but the websites all agreed that 5th metatarsal stress fractures were the worst.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon