So I did it...

jlaugh87

Barefooters
Jun 8, 2011
I Ran my first 50K in about 7 hrs... (Ran with 3 people and we made a pact to finish together). I did all of it in my new balance minimus. The terrain was pretty tough!

I was trying to run a 10K the next day, but missed the check in! As I was wallking back to my car my feet flared up... (It was probably for the best).

Anyway after a week or so I went out for a light jog, but my knee started getting some aweful pain along the side. Are there any expereince ultra runners here who could chime in. How long do you wait to recover after an ultra? I waited until I felt no pain anywhere, but I guess my knee was hiding.

I'm really wanting to do a flat 50 miler at the end of October, but this knee might stop me?

Awesome!  Congrats!

Awesome! Congrats!

Congrats!!!I started running

Congrats!!!

I started running again like two days later, a couple miles maximum. I read a lot that active recovery was good for you. So I'd go out and run a mile or so and then hop on a bike or eliptical. Do upper body weights. Basically just something to make me feel productive. It worked out well for me both times. My only regret with the first one is that I jumped into real high mileage running within about 2 weeks. I think it caused me to be too tired during the following weeks of training for the second one. I could do it because it didn't hurt, but I'm not sure it was smart.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts