Smartphone Cameras

Woodsman

Barefooters
Jan 13, 2012
Any of you techie people know which smartphones have the best cameras? I am getting g anew phone this weekend and would really like something that takes good pictures.Right now I am thinking about the HTC One x, but I would have to change carriers for that one.

Thanks
Brian

I wish I could help you out on that. I know I am very happy with my old Iphone (3gs), but I do really want a new one as it takes slightly better pictures and has a flash I believe. I seem to always have a hard time uploading cell pictures up here though for some reason. It always tells me the files are to big and then I have to go and crop the picture and lose half of the picture.... You might be able to google what smartphones have the best cameras and then sort out from there for any other uses you need it for.

It depends on your carrier. Here's a tip: go into the retail store of your mobile provider of choice and try the camera. They never clean out the picture files, etc on the demo phones so you'll get the experience of a well used phone. The more loaded it is, the loner it takes to record and write the picture to memory, creating lag. Shutter lag is the death knell of a phone camera, no matter the mp rating. The HTC One series are supposed to have a good camera, Iphone 4 has a great one, Samsung phones are good for quality but the shutter lag sucks (I have a Samsung. And lots of blurry shots of the back of my toddler's head.).

My wife has the iPhone 4. It takes great shots and takes them quickly. Video quality is very poor though. I have a Droid x2 and the video quality is amazing, even when played back in my 42 inch flat screen. As far as normal pictures though it is kind of weak, but it takes good macro shots where the iPhone 4 doesn't.

So if you more.interested in video I would find a Droid branded phone, if it is just picture quality I would go for the iPhone.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

I think I've heard or read somewhere that the Iph 4s has better video than previous models. Anyone know if that's true? By the way I had an HTC something or other before the Iph and it sucked for video. That was a couple years ago though before I bought the Iph 3gs, so I would imagine they've gotten better by now.

Yup, blurry toddler shots is why I want a good camera. Also it would be nice to have a good camera handy when I am trail running. I am always seeing things I wish I could take a picture of.
There a new samsung coming out that is supposed to have a great camera. I think I may pre-order it.

I want a new Iph but I'm waiting for the new Iph5 to come out so the price of the 4 and 4s drops a little closer to my budget. Sucks being a full time student sometimes and not being able to just go out and buy stuff when you want it. You learn to exercise a lot of patience.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7